Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
  1. Member

Labor Day Folds of Honor Shamble tournament.

Shot 81 with new grips on irons. First time to try them out. Felt good but I was just to stove up from dove hunting all day the day before with Grandsons and SIL. One good birdie and several other chances. All in all not a bad round considering I hadn’t played in 2 weeks since last week was rained out. Very warm and muggy. Sweating profusely and drinking waters and Gatorade. Fun weekend with the boys. But three days of it and I am wore out!

2. Fishing is a Passion
    Weekend of near misses. The last month it felt like I could make every putt I stood over. What a huge difference my last three rounds. GIR round one 13, round two 15, round three 15. Pretty darn good tee to green 5 total birdies. I will not change putters.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

3. Member
    Putting is streaky for folks who don’t play all the time. For all I know it is streaky for folks who do play all the time.

4. Member
    82 yesterday with some solid play, except for one double and one triple-on the easiest hole of course.
    Today we stepped back a set of tees to 6800 yds and shot 48/40-maybe a little hungover on the first nine. Texas/LSU game wore me out.
    Drove the ball well with only one really bad miss. Saw lots of new angles for holes and landing spots I hadn’t seen since last year.
    We decided we need to play those tees more often.
    Not nearly as hot and humid as last weekend. Still warm, but bearable.

Played bad score wise today, but hit the ball decent all day. Did play just well enough to win the bets at least.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

6. Member
    Shot another 72 yesterday, 4 birdies, 4 bogeys. Had another opportunity to go low, three putted from 15 feet, missed a chip, missed another 6 foot birdie putt.

7. Member
    Played ina couples tournament today. Fun time. We each had a natural birdie mine for net eagle. Took third place net.
    nice cloudy day with temp high of 81. Nice.
    fun just to hang out, play golf, eat some steak, shoot the breeze and have a good time with folks.
    That is what life is all about.

8. Fishing is a Passion
    Played in the Club championship over the weekend, Last two holes of Saturday round I got the shanks, still shot 1 over with a double on 18. Off to the driving range 150 balls later and no good news. Sunday round I start double, single, triple and cannot hit the ball straight. I walk off the course. I have never done that before, had tears in my eyes. Hope no one goes through what I am going through right now.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    Played in the Club championship over the weekend, Last two holes of Saturday round I got the shanks, still shot 1 over with a double on 18. Off to the driving range 150 balls later and no good news. Sunday round I start double, single, triple and cannot hit the ball straight. I walk off the course. I have never done that before, had tears in my eyes. Hope no one goes through what I am going through right now.
    I feel your pain and it hurts. I went almost a year trying to figure out how to stop shanking my wedge. I couldn't even hit it 5 yards without shanking. Last month I took a 3 lesson package to fix it. For the most part it's fixed however it does raise it's ugly head every now and then. Last week I shot a 38 on the front. Went to the back and shanked a pitch shot on 10 and 12 for 2 double bogies. Frustrating!

10. Member
    My friend got them the other day. A bit too much with hands forward of the ball at address opened the club face. He cured the shanks part, but the golf still gets him as it does all of us. 4 hour plus round is going to have its ups and downs. I hit some stellar shots Sunday I was very proud of many shots that were stellar for me, felt good, very satisfying. But there were 5 or 6 shots that an alien must have taken over my body-disgusting yanks, tree whackers, and off into pond. But I beared down to suffer only one double from those sob’s.

I hope you both get it whipped. Take a break for a while-go fishing-putt some. 150 balls is a lot after your round-hell it’s is a lot without playing golf.
    You might try hitting 3-5 a certain way. Stop, think it out then try 3-5 a different way to find the cure or get some help. Sounds like you are a very good golfer. Don’t let this get you down. My one search for accuracy came down to hitting that huge bucket with only a 7 iron. Left, right,center, nothing consistent. Then I relaxed my grip as a Last ditch effort. OMG. Bang, bang, bang, at the target. Huge lesson for me.

my worst would be thinking of my work during backswing. I should stop right there cause it never works!

Good luck, relax, have fun. You will recover.

11. Member
    Walked 9 holes today with my golf buddy. He shot 39 and I shot 45. I couldn’t do anything right. I did enjoy walking but we were behind 2 terribly slow foursomes so we cut it short. It was my last day of work.

Shot 49 on the front and back for a 98. That's big improvements for me.On a par 70. My buddy shot a 96 including an eagle on a par 4. Fun day and I felt like I played better. Finally cooling off here in Vegas.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

13. Member
    Cooling off here too. Eagles are always good
    branson 10 day forecast shows 58 for lows and 74 for highs when we will be there.
    can’t wait.

14. Member
    broke though a bit yesterday. +4 over thru 3. +1 the rest of the way. I'll take 77 all day.

15. Member
    Only got 9 in yesterday, shot 42. Stuck my approach 3' on the last hole, to finish with a birdie! Not bad for a first round with my new iron shafts.

16. Member
    Beautiful day for Oklahoma yesterday.
    Slight clouds, then beautiful sunrise breaking through, cool air and cool breeze, nice to feel chilly again.
    temps in the 60’s.
    golf not so beautiful, 43/44 87 as I hit the ball really well, except for a few mishaps.
    just could not putt the birdies in the hole, turned a couple into three putt bogies.
    But this was my first 18 since the last day of work.
    i enjoyed laughing with my playing partners as we all had those laughable moments and a few good ones as well.

3 rounds scheduled this week in Branson.
    Ryder Cup format tournament on the 19th and 20th.
    Those should help me get back on track.

17. Member
    Played in the payday scramble at Cole Park on FT Campbell last Friday. Hit the ball well enough but didn't score. Was only 6 under par. Looking forward to this week as I'll be walking and carrying my sticks now that it's decent weather. Ya'll have an awesome week!

18. Member
    Hmmm. 87,85, 100!!
    Buffalo Ridge was our favorite this week in Branson. Great redo of the course. Great weather. Course setup was fair with generous landing positions but still a challenging course.
    Branson Hills was long and tough.
    ledgeStone was very hilly and challenging too.
    we did not get to play the 13 hole par 3 walking course designed by Gary Player. It looks amazing!
    We will get it next time.

19. Member
    Getting ready for a 2 day tournament next weekend. Hit the range and chipping green hard yesterday. Then played as a 5th with two couple who are friends who had played the back nine. I played from their forward tees for 9 holes. Pulling irons just a little left seems to be my miss. Chipping practice definitely paid off.
    Then I played the back nine by myself behind a foursome. So I hit 3 or 4 balls on iron shots and chipped and putted all of them. Good work on a beauty day by myself which I rarely get to do.

20. Member
    played our little 9 hole Monday evening league last night. Missed one green, and had one bogey. LOL! Other 8 holes all pars. Played burn the edge of the cup with my putting. I average 37 so I guess it all worked out. But usually it is 3 bogeys and 2 birdies or some kind of combo like that. The two people I was playing with even started laughing at my puts just sliding by the cup.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast