Blueprinting a fury 4...

Anybody seen any noticeable gains by having a fury 4 worked?

Which are you referring to? Blueprint and worked are two different things
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfarm View Post
    Which are you referring to? Blueprint and worked are two different things
    What is the difference?

4. Member
    Blueprinting normally refers to thining sharpening a trueing all the blades to the same stock pitch and cup.

working normaly refers to changing a prop from it original specs and modifying (pitch, cup , diamiter and or defuser tube length) to make performance gains the original was unable to do.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
    Blueprinting normally refers to thining sharpening a trueing all the blades to the same stock pitch and cup.

working normaly refers to changing a prop from it original specs and modifying (pitch, cup , diamiter and or defuser tube length) to make performance gains the original was unable to do.
    I guess it just depends on the prop if blueprinting will make much of a difference

Blue printing on a new prop may not make a whole lot of difference but if you have a ton of hours on one it will.
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

I’m well aware of all that has been mentioned. A 26 tempest will almost always see an improvement from a blueprint straight out of the box. I’m just wondering if anyone has had a fury 4 blue printed or worked to make it a better Prop or is it pretty much as good as it gets out of the box?

I have never seen a new prop that was truly right for any specific boat setup, most can be improved Call Ronnie gilbert and talk to about Fury props and your application337 380 1437
    Thank You Leon Pugh

9. Member
    I had this very same question, because I'm working on a new set up, from what I've been told by two different prop shops any Fury a 3 or a 4 will show little to no difference after working it. In fact one prop guy told me he gave up on trying to get more rpm's out of a Fury. A fury could be off out of the box but that does not mean you will notice a performance gain after sending it out for work.

Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    I had this very same question, because I'm working on a new set up, from what I've been told by two different prop shops any Fury a 3 or a 4 will show little to no difference after working it. In fact one prop guy told me he gave up on trying to get more rpm's out of a Fury. A fury could be off out of the box but that does not mean you will notice a performance gain after sending it out for work.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post

They told you wrong, Ronnie Gilbert will bring Fury's to life. 337 380 1437, He will improve the hole shot, will lift the hole boat better requiring less trim up, and you can run them a little higher than stock fury as well as little more speed. Also a little less weight sensitive
    The rake an cup on stock Furys are not right. Start with fury that will hit the rev limiter and then have reworked it, the results will be far better done this way
    Last edited by lpugh; 08-09-2018 at 04:35 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

11. Member
    21XD had a 26 fury 4 worked by mark to a 27 but don't remember the results. There is also a guy on youtube that had a 25 fury4 and blueprinted it and didn't see any gain at all from it.
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba201proxl View Post
    21XD had a 26 fury 4 worked by mark to a 27 but don't remember the results. There is also a guy on youtube that had a 25 fury4 and blueprinted it and didn't see any gain at all from it.
    This is exactly what I was told by two prop shops, that yes you can change pitch or add cup but as far as just sending it in for a b&b and expecting rps or speed to come up that just won't happen. You are best off just buying the right stock pitch if you need a FURY. If you need more lift buy a Tempest, both prop shops told me they see a lot of gain from working Tempest props.