Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
  1. Member
    Update: Dealership called me a few minutes ago. The boat is ready for pickup. They're closed tomorrow so picking up Friday morning. The service manager told me Suzuki paid for the new battery and related items. I took that to mean Suzuki is paying for everything. The boat was ran today. I'm not sure if that means it has been entirely broken in or not. I will learn this upon pickup on Friday.

2. Member
    Good luck. Hope it's the start of a much more enjoyable summer for you.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    Update: Dealership called me a few minutes ago. The boat is ready for pickup. They're closed tomorrow so picking up Friday morning. The service manager told me Suzuki paid for the new battery and related items. I took that to mean Suzuki is paying for everything. The boat was ran today. I'm not sure if that means it has been entirely broken in or not. I will learn this upon pickup on Friday.
    Kev - also suggest you ask them if the engine interface cable has been updated to the latest version software. Cable doesnt need to be replaced because the new sw can be uploaded thru the C-10 gauges. Updated sw is version 3.5.04 and has fixed the stability issues some people have experienced. Its a 10 minute job to upload the new version (if you know what you’re doing!). Simply copy the sw update file to a USB stick, connect to the C-10, turn engine key on, find the files section in the C-10, open the USB folder, select the update file and select upload. Wait while it loads.

4. Member
    The Suzuki mechanic that's installed my new engine tells me he has read this thread so I'll assume he,sees this. I'll copy and paste this over on the other thread as well just in case he's on the other. I definitely know better than to call. I'll try to ask at pickup. Thanks

5. Member

I just returned home with the boat. The pick up process went smoothly. I have the Certificate of Origin and am awaiting the 6 year transferable warranty paperwork. I anticipate the rest of the process going smoothly.

I would like to thank John, the service manager at Renegade Marine in Leitchfield, KY. The origin of this issue did not start at Renegade. But they were willing to work with me and coordinate with Suzuki over the last few months. There was for sure some frustration endured by him even up until the final day. It's not necessary to go into all those details at this point. Thanks again Renegade for taking on my situation. Thank you to Suzuki as well. The wife and I decided to not drive to a nearby lake to begin the break-in process today due to lake traffic and crowded ramp parking lots. I plan to get to my home lake in the next few days to begin and complete the process. I'll keep you posted.
    I've been told to use the non AGM battery they installed. That's slightly disappointing but fine as long as it runs everything as efficiently as my old AGM did. Everyone I know uses the AGM starter batteries on their Suzuki or other 4 strokes. But I'm not going to complain if that's what they want considering what we've been through. I'll keep everyone posted.

6. Member
    Wonderful news.

7. Member

Here is how my brand new crank battery now looks. This is what the Suzuki mechanic put in since AGM was not "recommended." It's a 27 instead of a 31. I should mention once again that Suzuki installed and paid for the battery which I appreciate. I just hope it holds up against my accessories (graphs etc). The Pro Guide AGM that both the previous owner and I used never showed signs of weakening and was just 2 years old. Hopefully replacing one thing doesn't lead to something else. I'm reading all over online about explanations regarding why not to use AGM as crank battery. I'm not about to question Suzuki (or any other manufacturer). I'm using this lead-acid battery no questions asked.

8. Member

Here is how my brand new crank battery now looks. This is what the Suzuki mechanic put in since AGM was not "recommended." It's a 27 instead of a 31. I should mention once again that Suzuki installed and paid for the battery which I appreciate. I just hope it holds up against my accessories (graphs etc). The Pro Guide AGM that both the previous owner and I used never showed signs of weakening and was just 2 years old. Hopefully replacing one thing doesn't lead to something else. I'm reading all over online about explanations regarding why not to use AGM as crank battery. I'm not about to question Suzuki (or any other manufacturer). I'm using this lead-acid battery no questions asked.

9. Member

10. Member
    No more extenders or separate connections like car batteries. I'm leaving it all just how they have it.

11. Member
    That is a lead-acid battery correct?
    My Minn-Kota 440PC charger allows each bank to be set for the best charging cycle. You can select Gel Cell, Flooded Lead-Acid, or AGM.
    So I will select Flooded Lead-Acid on my charger for that specific bank correct?

That's interesting, I thought it was best to attach the cranking battery to the posts as it provided a better connection.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Going to be fun pulling that one cap to check the water level in the battery.

P01135809

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Going to be fun pulling that one cap to check the water level in the battery.
    Only one nut to undo to get at it, looks like a nice neat job. I would like to see all the bare metal and nuts on the positive terminal covered with an insulating material, but that's just my paranoia about exposed terminals on batteries.

15. Member
    That is a lead-acid battery correct?
    My Minn-Kota 440PC charger allows each bank to be set for the best charging cycle. You can select Gel Cell, Flooded Lead-Acid, or AGM.
    So I will select Flooded Lead-Acid on my charger for that specific bank correct?
    Yes you are correct.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    Only one nut to undo to get at it, looks like a nice neat job. I would like to see all the bare metal and nuts on the positive terminal covered with an insulating material, but that's just my paranoia about exposed terminals on batteries.
    In illinois you will get a ticket for exposed terminals if inspected.

17. Banned
    Interesting... Dan

18. Member
    Dropped boat at Renegade for 20 hour required maintenance today (well it's after midnight now so actually yesterday) . I have to say it has been problem free so far. Those 20 hours went quick. After the break-in process and a few trips up and down the Ohio it was time.

19. Member
    Good to hear. Are you going to have them adjust your shift control box so it shifts better?
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    Good to hear. Are you going to have them adjust your shift control box so it shifts better?
    To be honest, I chose not to mention it to them. Without some clarification and honest conversation from me with Renegade management at the very end of this process of having the new engine installed, I was going to lose the future service access of this dealership as well. The entirety of this thread, if not followed appropriately, must make me look like a big complainer. That's how I was treated by Suzuki till the final day. Believe me when I tell you I haven't expressed all the nastiness given to me by them on this thread. At some point you have to just grind your teeth and just take it. What can one say when they're at least doing the right thing by replacing the engine?
    They're STILL dragging their feet regarding the warranty. I still haven't received the warranty information/certificate for the new engine. Still waiting to have my piece of mind and to be made whole.

At this point I feel fortunate to even have a dealership that will accept me for routine oil changes/maintenance. I only have that by the skin if my teeth. Not asking for a dam thing extra. I'll just deal with it or shovel out hundreds extra if I can't fix it myself.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast