Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Engine shuts down followed by 3 beep alarm.

I'm at the lake and 2 times today I have been running and my engine shuts down and is followed by a 3 consecutive beep alarm. If I try to start again it does it again. If I don't start it for 15 minutes or so and then try, it starts as normal. Obviously this is unacceptable. My c-10 gauge still does not work as I'm still trying to figure thas out. What does 3 beeps mean? Help please.

2. Member
    Do you by chance have the RPM gauge that has the fault lights? From reading the owners manual, you might have an oil pressure problem, but it doesn't give beep specifics. From checking another forum, it also could be your neutral switch.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Banned
    Most codes are 2 part. Is there a pause in between beeps.?

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...agnostic-codes

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    Most codes are 2 part. Is there a pause in between beeps.?

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...agnostic-codes
    [QUOTE=rocket man;9559590]Most codes are 2 part. Is there a pause in between beeps, no pauses.

Absolutely not it was three consecutive beeps and that was it. I have a copy of the codes sheet. There is not one for 3 consecutive beeps. I am 100% positive that is what I'm hearing. After yesterday afternoon's instances we went back out and fished all evening with no problems making multiple stops. From daylight this morning until 11 everything was fine as well. When we decided to head back, I was getting up on plane and it just shut off and of course when it does this water rushes over the transom up to the seats. Never could get it to start again. I would turn the key to start the engine would sound as if it was getting ready to start and then shut itself down and do its 3 beeps. I eventually just needed to troll back to the marina. I have been broken down more since owning this engine then not.

5. Banned
    Sign up to the forum I posted the link and ask there. Those guys are pretty sharp.

6. Banned
    How far apart are the set of 3 beeps . Could it be 3 beep pause 3 more beeps. Neutral switch, but I dont think it will shut the engine down once its running.

BassCatKev,

Do you have a Facebook account? If you do, go to your Facebook and search for a place called Outboard Specialties. Go to their Facebook page and send them a message detailing your problem. They have answered a few questions for me... even on nights and weekends. Might not answer right away, but they will answer.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteangler View Post
    BassCatKev,

Do you have a Facebook account? If you do, go to your Facebook and search for a place called Outboard Specialties. Go to their Facebook page and send them a message detailing your problem. They have answered a few questions for me... even on nights and weekends. Might not answer right away, but they will answer.
    Thanks Sam I remember you telling me about that I do not have Facebook but my wife does and I will definitely look into it thank you.

I went over there and asked... I will let you know what they say.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

This thread may help. Haven't you had trim switch problems in the past as well? The white wire is one thing I have heard causes issues. You might want to make sure your white wire is connected good and with no corrosion. http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...-power-failure
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    Sign up to the forum I posted the link and ask there. Those guys are pretty sharp.
    I have created an account and posted the question/situation there as,
    well. Thanks

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteangler View Post
    This thread may help. Haven't you had trim switch problems in the past as well? The white wire is one thing I have heard causes issues. You might want to make sure your white wire is connected good and with no corrosion. http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...-power-failure
    Yes I've had issues with trim on my gear shifter. It will not trim down from shifter switch only. I have given up on this and just plan on having it fixed by my warranty dealer this winter since I have a turn signal trim on my steering wheel and of course have it up front and on the engine itself I figured I can make due. I will say that my shifter is a little stiff and difficult to get into neutral sometimes but it is obvious when it's in neutral and has never been a big concern for me. I read the link about the white wire and I'm not really sure what to do with it.

Try to find where the white wire connects at the motor, under the cowling. Mine is on the starboard side of the engine near the battery cables and engine harness. Also try to find where it connects to the battery or battery switch. It could be a loose and/or corroded connection at one or both of those places.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

14. Member
    I installed my own motor, bought a used Suzuki off a scow in Jersey and took an Evinrude off. It's a 2006 175DF. I hooked the white wire to the wrong battery terminal, the motor wouldn't start. I found it had blown a 70 amp fuse in the motor. I know this isn't your issue, but I believe these motors are well designed and do not have any design flaws such as what you are experiencing. Trim issues that respond from some but not all boat inputs are not (usually) a motor issue, they are boat issues.
    I hope you get the bugs out of your boat and motor. Personally I believe you have selected the best (BassCat) boat and the best motor available for the general public.
    If I can make a used and abused motor plug and play on an old 1999 Stratos, a good dealer can fix yours.

Keep us informed as to your progress. If I owned a newer motor, or had gotten an owners manual, I might be able to help, but hell, that's what you get for $3000. I like my Suzy.
    I presume you are using a Suzuki tachometer/monitoring system?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I installed my own motor, bought a used Suzuki off a scow in Jersey and took an Evinrude off. It's a 2006 175DF. I hooked the white wire to the wrong battery terminal, the motor wouldn't start. I found it had blown a 70 amp fuse in the motor. I know this isn't your issue, but I believe these motors are well designed and do not have any design flaws such as what you are experiencing. Trim issues that respond from some but not all boat inputs are not (usually) a motor issue, they are boat issues.
    I hope you get the bugs out of your boat and motor. Personally I believe you have selected the best (BassCat) boat and the best motor available for the general public.
    If I can make a used and abused motor plug and play on an old 1999 Stratos, a good dealer can fix yours.

Keep us informed as to your progress. If I owned a newer motor, or had gotten an owners manual, I might be able to help, but hell, that's what you get for $3000. I like my Suzy.
    I presume you are using a Suzuki tachometer/monitoring system?
    By Suzuki monitoring system I assume you mean something like the C10? Yes I have a C10 but it does not work I'm working on figuring out why it's not getting power. I had a brand new one shipped to me and plugged it in and it doesn't work either so I don't think it's the gauge.
    And thanks for the support yes I hope it gets a whole lot better because I break down everywhere I go. There aren't many lakes left in Kentuckiana that I haven't either been towed in or trolled a long distance back to the marina it's truly been awful.

16. Member
    Sounds like the motor has serious rigging issues. Probably work taking it to a Suzuki dealer and asking them to go over the whole set up and sort it all out. Sounds like it was never done right in the first place. Must be a warranty issue too?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    Sounds like the motor has serious rigging issues. Probably work taking it to a Suzuki dealer and asking them to go over the whole set up and sort it all out. Sounds like it was never done right in the first place. Must be a warranty issue too?
    You are correct, it's a rigging problem. I was on the phone last night with Kev helping him troubleshoot his electrical issues and we verified that his NMEA network is not getting power at least to the fuse along with his auxiliary fuel pump. Awhile back, he was having tilt/trim issues and his C10 was receiving power, but not reading data. Now his C10 is not even powering up which points to his NMEA not getting power. In regards to his problem in this thread about the 3 beeps, Kev has an auxiliary fuel pump that replaced his primer bulb and it's not getting power either. Therefore, it explains why he can't get on plane since the dead auxiliary fuel pump is restricting fuel flow. I also get 3 beeps every now and then with my boat whenever it doesn't start right away and my dealer told me it's losing fuel whenever you tilt the motor up and I should reprime it with the bulb. Since then, instead of pumping the bulb, I wait a few seconds for the fuel pump to do its thing before I start cranking the motor and haven't had issues since.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    You are correct, it's a rigging problem. I was on the phone last night with Kev helping him troubleshoot his electrical issues and we verified that his NMEA network is not getting power at least to the fuse along with his auxiliary fuel pump. Awhile back, he was having tilt/trim issues and his C10 was receiving power, but not reading data. Now his C10 is not even powering up which points to his NMEA not getting power. In regards to his problem in this thread about the 3 beeps, Kev has an auxiliary fuel pump that replaced his primer bulb and it's not getting power either. Therefore, it explains why he can't get on plane since the dead auxiliary fuel pump is restricting fuel flow. I also get 3 beeps every now and then with my boat whenever it doesn't start right away and my dealer told me it's losing fuel whenever you tilt the motor up and I should reprime it with the bulb. Since then, instead of pumping the bulb, I wait a few seconds for the fuel pump to do its thing before I start cranking the motor and haven't had issues since.
    I was talking with Kev through texts and had suggested that he change out the T connector as well as the C-10. I have suspected a NMEA 2000 problem from all of the conversations that we have had. I am glad to know that you guys narrowed it down. Also good to know what causes the 3 beeps. Good job guys and thank you Booter for helping him out on this. Keep us posted please!!
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X