Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks all. I test drove a grand Cherokee, it didn't do alot for me. Which was a bit of a let down, I've always liked the looks of them.
    Also drove two different crew cab frontiers, those are some peppy little buggers.
    Did look at a 4runner, and a Tacoma, just can't bring myself to pay that much for something considerably older and more miles.
    The good news is, I'm not in a hurry, not set on any one car, willing to wait for "that deal". Which I feel is coming, with new models being released soon, people will be trading up.

2. Member
    Nothing wrong with a Frontier. They are like most anything else out there. You are apt to get a lemon in anything you buy. My FIL and BIL both bought a diesel the same year. My BIL has one in his GC with 100K plus miles and only minor issues. MY FIL had the same engine in his Ram. He had nothing but problems and finally traded it after it left him stranded four times in two years. Several different dealerships couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong with it. I had an Xterra when we lived on the farm years ago to beat around the farm. While it wasn't as refined as the 4-Runner it did the job and I pulled an 18' Champion with it at the time back and forth from Dale Hollow. There are plenty of good hills in that part of the country LOL. You may want to consider a good used Xterra if you don't mind a real utility SUV?

3. Member
    n2ratfishin - if I find an x-terra, with reasonable miles- theirs real good odds ill get it. I had been looking for them, or the pre '13 pathfinder. I like the looks of them, always have.
    Is the x-terra on the frontier frame? Basically an enclosed frontier?

4. Member
    Did you take a look at the Enclave or Acadia? Nice rides and pull a boat much better than you might think.

5. Member
    It's over! Purchased a 2018 Frontier, crew cab, v6, 4wd, value truck package. Thanks all for the insight.

6. Member
    Yes, the Xterra is basically an SUV version of your new Frontier. Congrats on the new puller, hope it serves you well.

7. Member
    Thank you, with any luck, I'll try it out Friday. And it would figure, 85° and clear this weekend, I'm working the weekend.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    Thank you, with any luck, I'll try it out Friday. And it would figure, 85° and clear this weekend, I'm working the weekend.

You will be happy with the Frontier. On my second one now. The only issue I have is my current 2016 is only a two wheel drive. I have a Skeeter ZX200 that's pretty heavy and there is one ramp where I live that I will just spin the tires trying to pull the boat out if the ramp is wet. Wish I had went with four wheel drive. Without pulling the boat I average 23mpg highway. For the money you can't beat that truck. Not a lot of frills but a great truck. Just like you I could have bought a used full size truck with higher mileage or a new Frontier for the same price. That made the decision for me.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

9. Member
    I made it out Friday, the maiden voyage. So far, so good! It towed like a champ. I'm really liking it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12