1998 Venom 200 Won't Start after Stopping

Boat was running perfectly fine. Stopped to fish a spot, when I went to move motor just turns over won't fire. Towed 5 miles, drive home 85 miles and the boat starts right up. Works fine for 2 short 1 hour trips to local lake ran 1 hour each time, no problem. Go to tournament runs fine first 3 stops the won't fire. Trolling motored 7 miles. I took it to the shop no spark. Chased to Ignition switch the it fired. Replaced ignition switch worked fine two times out 1.5 hours each time with shutting it of 50 times each trip. Went to Champlain for a T first day fine then second day did it again. called for a tow and it started when they got there. Removed kill switch and test started up fine. Two minutes later won't start. Any idea's??????

I had the same problem, replaced the timer base and it was fixed. Get a manual and check the timer base and the stator per the specs. There are also some good vids on youtube.

3. Member
    I have the exact same issue with a 98 Venom 225. Replaced switch, cleaned terminals etc. Each time I think I have it then there is no spark and it wont run. Did you get your issue solved?