2018 Z19 Sport - Silly question: can I damage my 150 if I trim up too much @ WOT???

I have a new 2018 Nitro Z19 Sport with a 150 Merc 4-stroke. My first ever new "nice" boat (had a pontoon and small tins previously). I've broken in the engine and now am trying to determine whether to play around with engine height (factory set at lowest hole) and props (factory Tempest Plus 21p) to squeeze a little more performance.

At WOT, I'm running 51.5--52mph max and a hair below 5,500rpms. At this point, I'm trimmed up to approximately the first bar on the trim gauge (~25%). Every tiny bit of trim increased the speed... But I'm scared to trim it up any further, for fear of unknown consequences. My question is: What will happen if I tick it up a bit further? At some point, will the prop come out of the water, with a big bang to the engine from over-revving? Is there a safety built into the system, or could I literally blow my engine from trimming too high? What happens when you trim up "too much"? Is it okay to trim up as far as possible until speed/handling drops off?

Sorry for the newb question, but thanks in advance.

2. Member
    It should have a trim limit switch,this should keep it from over trimming.Also watch your water pressure.

As long as your water pressure is there, trim away till your speed starts to fall or other variable like porpoising or a turn
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089