New trailer frame

Has anyone ordered just a trailer frame from Ranger for a Z520 and if so what it might cost. I think my frame is bent. The front axel is slightly offset to the starboard from the back one. The boat is also off center on the bow roller. It’s been a while since I used the boat and I thought my buddy just backed it in a little deep last time we loaded but now have noticed the tires are offset. I did it notice any problem towing it (200 miles last trip home) and the tires don’t show any in even wear.

So so back to my question. Anybody bought just a pre wired frame. I don’t need axels, hubs, wheels, tires or marching fenders. Just a frame potentially. I’ll see about straightening it but just in case......was curious if anyone ever went this way.

The boat is a 2011 Z520

Thanks

2. Member
    I ordered through a local Ranger dealer several years ago a new trailer for a '94 492VS without any difficulty. I don't recall the price offhand, but it was near $6,000. Much smoother riding (for the boat) trailer than the original (had leaf springs).

3. Member
    Thanks. I am hoping I won't need one and if I do I can just get a frame. The other parts I have are fine. I plan to call Ranger tomorrow.

4. Member
    Well......for anyone that might have been interested. Ranger sells a trailer one way. Complete nothing less. Guess I understand their liabilty concerns but at $7754 for the trailer that’s a bit salty. Not sure what I’ll end up doing. Ranger says it’s likely bent and that straightening is not recommended. My dealer said it’s likley bent and would not recommend straightening. Another dealer (closer) said they would look at it and give me an estimate for insurance. That also said they don’t straighten frames and to call a frame shop. Frame shop said they don’t straighten boat trailer frames because they are too wide for their equipments. Guess we will see what the estimate comes up with. Front axel is offset to the starboard by about an inch relative to the back axel and boat loads with the bow at the far right side of the roller no matter how I try to load it. Do not see a lot of tire wear but I lreobably only have 700 miles on the tires since the “incident”

5. Member
    You might try a frame shop that deals in repairing semi's. They should have equipment larger that those shops straightening car/light truck frames.

6. Member
    How did it get bent?

Also, you could part out your old trailer to help offset the cost of a new one.

7. Member
    Hanks Frame and Wheel in Longview, Texas can fix your trailer. 903 753 4611
    Rick Collis
    903-473-8820

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Collis View Post
    Hanks Frame and Wheel in Longview, Texas can fix your trailer. 903 753 4611
    A good friend of mine, Michael, owns Hanks and is a stand up guy!
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

9. Member
    For that old of boat I would look at alternative trailers such a Ameratrail or MarineMasters. Both make a very good trailer. I had a MarineMaster under my Phoenix and it was the smoothest riding trailer I have ever owned. Just elect the $300 shock absorber option.

Ameratrail makes trailers for Gambler.

They should be quite a bit cheaper.

10. Member
    Thanks for all the responses folks. I will look into all of them. Insurance said to get an estimate so I’ll drop it off at the Ranger dealer next week and go from there.

Slaunch......it got bent as the result of an idiot attack. Just lost focus going into a gas station and slid the trailer around a concrete protection post while going left. Result was axels out of alignment and frame bent enough boat sits about 3” starboard of center but with contact on all the bunks. Speed of accident..... about 2 MPH and about 18” or contact before I realized what I did and got it off the post. Just dumb on my part

11. Member
    I agree with the repair at a semi truck repair shop. My brother in law bentnthe tongue on my brand new 5k flatdeck with only 60 miles on it. Got it straightened no problem at a semi truck repair shop. Lesson learned on lending gear!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindhogg View Post
    Thanks for all the responses folks. I will look into all of them. Insurance said to get an estimate so I’ll drop it off at the Ranger dealer next week and go from there.

Slaunch......it got bent as the result of an idiot attack. Just lost focus going into a gas station and slid the trailer around a concrete protection post while going left. Result was axels out of alignment and frame bent enough boat sits about 3” starboard of center but with contact on all the bunks. Speed of accident..... about 2 MPH and about 18” or contact before I realized what I did and got it off the post. Just dumb on my part
    Happens to all of us. I'm working on building a new bumper for my truck that's needed for having my head up my butt. But it might be worth looking into filing an insurance claim on it.
    Last edited by slaunch; 08-17-2018 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Spellcheck

13. Member
    I plan to file a claim once I get an estimate if it is as bad as I think it could be. I have talked with my insurance guy and he says they straighten them all the time......Ranger said I shouldn't, my Ranger dealer in Ft. Smith says he would not recommend it and he doesn't know who does in his area...including semi repair shops. I will take it to the Ranger dealer here in OKC and see what they can recommend but somehow I am afraid that no one will touch it but the Insurance company will look at it and say its not that bent ....and to the eye...they would be right. Yet one axle is over an inch offset from the other one and the boat loads cock-eyed.....so something is up with alignment somewhere.

To be very clear..........I am absolutely not knocking the insurance guy at this point....he said it would get fixed and I trust him on that one......just not clear on what that means or how and it starts with an estimate that I don't have yet.

14. Member
    Following along.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

15. Member