1996 mercury 150 efi slow cranking

SN 0G304727

Been fighting issues all summer. I went out in may for a tourny. Boat started ran across the lake great. Later on went to move boat started and almost acted like it was down a cylinder. When i got off the gas it shut down and wouldnt start back up till i got to the ramp were it sounded bad.
    Next day went out fired right up first crank and ran good till i gave it gas and shut back down and would not start again. Did the same thing a week later.

When you try to start it it turns over slow almost like a dead battery or drawing to much power. Sometimes you just get a click.

I talked to a local guy that messes with boats. Checked compression all within 10psi, changed solenoid, and starter, battery was tested. Now im not sure what else to do. Was told maybe a ground but how would i check that.

Hoping to figure something out this weekend if not im going to bite it and take it to the marina and pay tonhave it looked at.

2. Member
    Could also be bad wires or bad conmections.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

3. Member
    may have something seizing up in mtr or gearcase
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................