Another drop hitch question

I have a 09 Chevy 2500hd with a 6" lift and 35" tires. The measurement from the ground to the bottom of the receiver is 24". I am getting a 2018 Ranger Z185 on Aug 15th and need a drop hitch.
    Ive decided on a B&W hitch but not sure how much drop I need. I think I need the 9" but not sure. Looking for help on this please
    Thanks

2. Member
    You may need more than that. Most will be right around 18” to top of ball to be perfectly level. 9” should get you close but you can take the guesswork out by going to your dealer with a level and tape and measuring an identical trailer with identical tires.

3. Member
    Well the problem with that is Im out of town working and cant get to the dealer until the actual day Im going to pick the boat up so was needing to get a hitch before then.
    Ive called the dealer to try to get measurements from them but they havent been very helpful on that so far.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtreed99 View Post
    You may need more than that. Most will be right around 18” to top of ball to be perfectly level. 9” should get you close but you can take the guesswork out by going to your dealer with a level and tape and measuring an identical trailer with identical tires.
    With your truck on level ground, the 18" number from ground to top of ball will probably get you very close. Most trucks will sag some when the trailer is hooked up. You can add some weight to the bed to simulate this on your particular truck. Be warned some of the self assigned mental heavy weights on here may be along shortly to let you know what a dumb question you have posed. Enjoy your new rig.

Rut Roooh !!

18" should get you close.. May ask someone on the Ranger page to measure there's.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbh3 View Post
    With your truck on level ground, the 18" number from ground to top of ball will probably get you very close. Most trucks will sag some when the trailer is hooked up. You can add some weight to the bed to simulate this on your particular truck. Be warned some of the self assigned mental heavy weights on here may be along shortly to let you know what a dumb question you have posed. Enjoy your new rig.
    Thanks, I cant wait to get it. I will try the dealer again and maybe ask in the Ranger part of the forum.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

Get one that is adjustable. I have a Razor on my truck. Had a F150 2wd previously and it needed to be in the top hole. Just got a F150 4wd FX4 and had to drop it one hole to get the top of the ball to 19". The Razor also comes with locking pins so nobody will walk off with your hitch. A local truck performance shop has another brand that looks really nice too, and can be tucked up under when not in use to avoid the dreaded knee knock.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

8. Member
    I went ahead and bought the B&W adjustable hitch. If 9" isnt enough I will send it back and get more drop. I talked to the dealer and from his measurements it should be close enough.
    I pick the boat up in 3 days :)
    2002 BassCat Cougar

9. Member
    I went with the Gen-y hitch 9 in drop. pretty much bullet proof
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Phoenix 721
    250 SHO

10. Member
    I picked up my boat 2 days ago, 9" was a perfect fit no problems towing and it sits level. As soon as I read how to post pics and get a pic I'll show it
    2002 BassCat Cougar