Boat N' Moore...What do you think?

I had a little problem with my Ultrex. I think I've got that part fixed on my own, but I thought since I've got it all apart, it would be a good time to do the steering cable and chip board upgrade while still under warranty. I wanted to take it down to Texarkana to John Jones but with him being under the weather I was thinking I might not want to add to his already heavy load.

So, now I'm thinking about taking down to the local Minn Kota ASC, Boats n' Moore. I had them look at an Motorguide many years ago that I decided to not have fixed. I don't remember why, but I didn't come away with a love connection, so to say.

What's the impression of some of you guys about their service?

Is there a better ASC in the OKC area?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

2. Member
    I have always heard good things about robbies in Broken Arrow. CW - DC Auto Electric and Trolling Motor
    cwdcautoelectric.com

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

3. Member
    I don't remember the business name but there was a trolling motor shop at 3 corners out by Martins Landing on Grand Lake. I had some work done on my Motor Guide there years ago. I think they worked on Minnkota also. Any one know if it is still there?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmorgan35 View Post
    I don't remember the business name but there was a trolling motor shop at 3 corners out by Martins Landing on Grand Lake. I had some work done on my Motor Guide there years ago. I think they worked on Minnkota also. Any one know if it is still there?
    Big Johns. He has moved to the east a mile or so on hwy 125...Does good work, but his labor charge is totally nuts. 125/hour....

It's warranty work so it's has to be a Minn Kota Authorized Service Center.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    Robbies in Broken Arrow does a great job.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    It's warranty work so it's has to be a Minn Kota Authorized Service Center.
    Big Johns is MK certified.

8. Member
    They have always done a good job for me. I had a motor guide fixed by them last year, that is now my backup. They fixed in less than a week, under warranty. I used to have them work on my old bayliner, I have not had them do any engine work in a while because I have another mechanic I use. They have been there, almost 20 years now. They must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    They have always done a good job for me. I had a motor guide fixed by them last year, that is now my backup. They fixed in less than a week, under warranty. I used to have them work on my old bayliner, I have not had them do any engine work in a while because I have another mechanic I use. They have been there, almost 20 years now. They must be doing something right.
    Thanks for the report. I went by there the other day just to check it out. The guy wasn't sure what an Ultrex was. I tried to tell him it was the same mount as a Fortrex...he walked me out into the shop, right past an Ultrex, and showed me something I don't know what. I had to point the Ultrex out to him. I asked him about the steering cable and chip board upgrade and he didn't know anything about that and he would have to check with MK.

I decided to go ahead and run it down to John Jones in Texarkana. I always felt bad about not buying the motor from him in the first place. He's such an asset to BBC.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTTI View Post
    I have always heard good things about robbies in Broken Arrow. CW - DC Auto Electric and Trolling Motor
    cwdcautoelectric.com
    Agree Robbie is the man if you can make the drive to his shop it is very much worth it. TNT in Coweta is also does great work he actually fixed my last problem with a part Robbie couldn't locate on a old MG.

11. Member
    Twyla is the person that usually works on the trolling motors. When I dropped my MG off, a guy took my name and the description of what was going on. He didnt act like he knew much about the motor either. Then Twyla called me to tell what she did and that it was ready to pick up. But Jones is definitely a good choice other than the drive.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    The guy wasn't sure what an Ultrex was.
    Thats blasphemy. I would have started running right then and there.