slide out moves very little

I had the hydraulic pump replaced and the slide out will move only a foot at a time going out. When it comes in it moves only a few inches and stops. I must wait a few seconds before the slide is ready to reset and move another few inches. Must do this at least 20 times before it is all the way in. I have lubricated all the tracks and it does not help. I use transmission fluid in the pump. Would this be the reason the slide stops and starts so much?

2. Member
    Looks like ATF is the recommended fluid for the Lippert pumps. I've never messed with one but I'm assuming there is bleed/purge procedure? Do you think you still may have some air in the system?

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Sounds like air in the system or low fluid level.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Sounds like air in the system or low fluid level.
    The reservoir is full when slide is in. Will have to find out about air in lines.

5. Member
    Could be. Will have to U Tube it and see.

6. Member
    The pump run through an auto resetting breaker. It is bad. They get weak. Replace that and I bet you are good. If you want to check it just remove ite and bolt the two wires together.

As mentioned above, you have an auto reset breaker that is weak. Fluid weight will also cause the breaker if the pump is working harder to push a thicker fluid. I had a similar issue with one during winter months when the fluid would thicken causing the pump to labor, thus tripping the breaker.