Skiatook or Keystone Lakews

Anyone fishing these two lakes and have a report. Going to my see my daughter and family in Owasso and will be there for a few days and considered taken boat but not sure if it would be worth it.

2. Member
    EKeystone wasn’t very good last time I was out barely pulled off a limit, but caught a bunch of sand bass. Skiatook will be real busy this time of year on the south end.

3. Member
    Skiatook will probably have a good topwater bite off of points in the morning. Once the sun gets up, I'd throw a swimbait around brush and trees. Careful boating in the coves and creeks as there is quite a bit of standing timber.

Quote Originally Posted by BassSwag View Post
    Skiatook will probably have a good topwater bite off of points in the morning. Once the sun gets up, I'd throw a swimbait around brush and trees. Careful boating in the coves and creeks as there is quite a bit of standing timber.
    Are these areas fairly free of ski boat and seadoo traffic? I know that lake gets a lot of the pleasure boat crowd.

I've only fished there once and that was a weekday in the fall...pretty much had the lake to myself. Beautiful lake...would love to go back but it's just too much of a drive for just a few hours in the morning.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

5. Member
    I'm headed to Gibson in the morning you're welcome to join.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

6. Member
    Both lakes are tough right now. Be on the water by 545 and be done before noon.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy909 View Post
    Both lakes are tough right now. Be on the water by 545 and be done before noon.
    This is right. At about 10am the idiots come out in droves and they'll ski right over top of you.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

8. Member
    Crappie bite on Skiatook is pretty solid right now.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2013 Ranger Z520c w/Yamaha SHO 250

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Are these areas fairly free of ski boat and seadoo traffic? I know that lake gets a lot of the pleasure boat crowd.

I've only fished there once and that was a weekday in the fall...pretty much had the lake to myself. Beautiful lake...would love to go back but it's just too much of a drive for just a few hours in the morning.
    When he says quite a bit of standing timber he means its like a forest with a creek channel and some of them are barely wide enough for two boats to pass through so if you get in that stuff you definitely don't have to worry about party boats. They stay out on the main lake. I haven't fished over there a whole lot in the summer time but I think the stay south of the highway 20 bridge.