Pamunkey River conditions

Hey guy's, I'm planning to fish the Pamunkey from Williams Landing this Sunday and have never fished the river before. I didn't know if with all the recent rain the river was prone to flood. Not looking for spots or techniques, just if it's worth my time. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    I had a friend that fished it yesterday, and said it was fine. But due to all the rain from the West it will blow out that river. It is very easily flooded and gets very muddy. My guess is if you have never fished it to not try on Sunday. I will try and take a look at it today and tomorrow and let you know.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    I had a friend that fished it yesterday, and said it was fine. But due to all the rain from the West it will blow out that river. It is very easily flooded and gets very muddy. My guess is if you have never fished it to not try on Sunday. I will try and take a look at it today and tomorrow and let you know.
    Thanks JINX. Really appreciate it.

4. Member
    I went by the pamunkey today and definitely muddier and a little higher. It is only going to get worse over the next couple days. My opinion.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

5. Member
    Thank you Sir. I'll try again next weekend.

It looks fine, fish are biting.
    Mike Wright '07 Ranger 520vx
    Henrico Va./Henrico NC.