Fuel system issue from factory?

Just curious if anyone who has bought a boat in the last year has had any issues with their fuel system being clogged from the factory? My dealer found some stuff that clogged my fuel filter and says I should call my insurance company because it's my issue. Said it looks like sand. My boat is 3 months old.. I'm thinking there was some sediment leftover from the tank and that it should be Triton fixing this problem. Just seeing if there have been any other similar issues out there?

2. Banned
    Sediment leftover?

3. Member
    Yeah thinking plastic filings. Or some fiberglass that got into the tank from manufacturing

4. Joe4d
    Do these boats run any kinda External filter/ water separator ? Any kinda primary secondary setup ?

5. Member
    Not sure. Think just the fuel filter.

6. Member
    What has failed. What were the performance symptoms?
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

7. Member
    The motor would run fine, then die down to an idle after a couple miles. Then it got progressively worse. By the time I made it to the boat ramp it would bog down after 1/4 mile. Dealer sent pics of the fuel filter, definitely looks like sand but I'm trying to figure out how the hell it got on there if it is actually sand.

8. Joe4d
    Post the pic,, maybe some gurus on here will recognize it. But before I took a No for an answer on warranty coverage, Id send it to a lab,,, Shouldnt be hard to ID for a fuel / oil analysis lab

9. Member
    Has it done damage to the motor? The filter should have caught the majority of whatever it is. A plugged vent could cause these same symptoms.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqpitboss View Post
    Has it done damage to the motor? The filter should have caught the majority of whatever it is. A plugged vent could cause these same symptoms.
    Piss anbody off lately. Just saying.

11. Member
    What hull and outboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    Just curious if anyone who has bought a boat in the last year has had any issues with their fuel system being clogged from the factory? My dealer found some stuff that clogged my fuel filter and says I should call my insurance company because it's my issue. Said it looks like sand. My boat is 3 months old.. I'm thinking there was some sediment leftover from the tank and that it should be Triton fixing this problem. Just seeing if there have been any other similar issues out there?

12. Member
    20TRX with Evinrude 250 G2. Was just trying to see if it was possible for stuff to be left over in the fuel tank from the build process, but dealer was saying that after 36 hours on the motor I would have noticed an affect on performance sooner.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    20TRX with Evinrude 250 G2. Was just trying to see if it was possible for stuff to be left over in the fuel tank from the build process, but dealer was saying that after 36 hours on the motor I would have noticed an affect on performance sooner.
    I agree with your dealer.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    I agree with your dealer.
    I agree with the Dealer also.