Question How do you clean your Tracker?

I've done mine using a product called Aluminex. I basically just used a spray bottle and then rinsed off. It works okay at best. I mean It will get the stuff off, it's acid based I'm sure. But it runs and leaves streaks etc. Not sure if anyone has used this or a combo of this and something else? What is everyone using? Here are some pictures where you can see where I ran out of the stuff and the difference it makes and also the streaks or spots that are hard to get because of the nature of the product application.

Before picture:

After picture using a spray bottle and a car wash

Looks good. But with anything, practice makes perfect. Meaning, the more you use a product like that the more you get proficient in its use. And you will learn what (it) needs are to not streak.

I use one similar called alumabrightner, from Napa. Once a year then I use SlickMist by Lucas when the boat comes out of the water at the ramp. That product keeps it looking great, like new all year.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    I also use slickmist stuff is great

4. Member
    By putting it back in the water...
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

5. Member
    We use acid on our 18 wheeler tanks and wheels. The key is getting it off quickly. As soon as you see foam spray it off. If it begins to dry...even a little it will streak. Aluminum also needs to be wet when you spray acid products on it. Just some thoughts you might try.

I used to used 3M Aluminum Boat Hull polish when I had my old Tracker. Worked great. After the polish, I would use Turtle Wax paste polish and it would last all year.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

7. Member
    all good info so far. I was thinking of trying this aluminex again perhaps and then getting an electric buffer and going back over it with the 3M stuff.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Looks good. But with anything, practice makes perfect. Meaning, the more you use a product like that the more you get proficient in its use. And you will learn what (it) needs are to not streak.

I use one similar called alumabrightner, from Napa. Once a year then I use SlickMist by Lucas when the boat comes out of the water at the ramp. That product keeps it looking great, like new all year.
    Could you post a picture of the container it is in? Tried looking for it but couldnt find it. I need to get mine cleaned up.

9. Member
    Brillo Pad................................

Quote Originally Posted by BDPIL View Post
    Could you post a picture of the container it is in? Tried looking for it but couldnt find it. I need to get mine cleaned up.
    Only place I find this one is at Napa . I put 50-50 water and this product in a spray bottle. Wet the boat down while it’s still wet spring it on evenly and less mentioned above once it starts to foam spray off with water that will prevent streaking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

11. Member
    What glenn said. We Use That But It's concentrated and in a 55 gallon drum.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Only place I find this one is at Napa . I put 50-50 water and this product in a spray bottle. Wet the boat down while it’s still wet spring it on evenly and less mentioned above once it starts to foam spray off with water that will prevent streaking.
    Thanks Glenn will get some and try it out.

13. Banned
    Spray from bottom up to eliminate streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    Yep good point

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    This is important.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

My boat has a natural tarnish to it never cleaned or polished the aluminum. The hull bottom looks black now from the water here. I have always just used slick mist on the painted areas every trip and hand wax once a year. Boat still looks pretty good for 10 years old. After the busy season we wash and brush the hull bottom.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    My boat has a natural tarnish to it never cleaned or polished the aluminum. The hull bottom looks black now from the water here. I have always just used slick mist on the painted areas every trip and hand wax once a year. Boat still looks pretty good for 10 years old. After the busy season we wash and brush the hull bottom.
    this is probably what I should do, 2 weeks a year when we are on vacation it sets on a dock for 9 days and then another 6 or 8 days a year its on a dock and when I pull it out after the trips it's the same way again. guess I get excited to try and make it shinny and pretty but that goes away after one of those trips :)

Its amazing how dirty the water is alot of lakes. Clearlake leaves a nice green ring in the hot months but when the bite is good i can live with it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

19. Member
    Did it once and vowed never again.

Mothers aluminum polish with a buffing pad. Took 3 days and 4-5 hours each day to get it where I wanted it. It looked great for about a year. Still looks good right now but I sold it and it’s now someone else’s problem.

Now... I went fibreglass and it takes 2-3 hours to clean that so I didn’t win any competitions since I wash it at least once a week... lol