Petoskey Crooked Lake

I'm looking for any bass fishing info around this area. I've not been able to find many bass fishermen in the local shops from Traverse City to Petoskey to give me the gouge. Crooked Lake sounds do-able but the ramps are challenging for my dually, truck camper, and 20' Ranger. May have to drop the camper to maneuver in these tiny ramps. So if anyone knows of some good fishing in this area, places and techniques much appreciated.

Also, I'm an avid fly fisher (for trout) and would definitely be open to that. Thanks. You've got a beautiful state here. Bet it's brutal in the winter.

2. Member
    I've got a 522 and put it in Crooked a number of times. It is a little tight, but you should be fine, even with the camper. Pickerel is right next to it. They are connected, but Pickerel has a nice launch too. They both fish the same, for a first-timer I would just hop around and fish the pencil reeds with a topwater or spinnerbait. You will find them eventually. Good population of smallmouth in both.

As for other options, Burt and Mullet are right next door. Huge launches and tons of info out there on those lakes. Douglas is another great lake that isn't far at all, has a good launch and lots of fish.

Good Luck, PS winters are very brutal

3. Member
    Thanks. Spotty cel coverage dry camping the Au Sable. I’ll check back in a few days for a report.