Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

Pflueger President rod/reel combo sale at Bass Pro!

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/Pflu...SlP3Jul2018_HM

Good deal on a rod/reel combo. I use the president on most my crappie rods.

2. Member
    I have around 40 or more spinning reels 20 are Pflueger's and these are the best bang for the buck, been using them for years and no failures yet, i like to keep 4 or 5 around new in the box cause i'm scared they will quit making them.

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    I have around 40 or more spinning reels 20 are Pflueger's and these are the best bang for the buck, been using them for years and no failures yet, i like to keep 4 or 5 around new in the box cause i'm scared they will quit making them.
    They are definitely worth the money. I also like the 7 bearing trion.

4. Joe4d
    hard to judge size,, how would the size 40 do with 12-14 lb mono ? was looking to set up a striper rig, My old dawai is missing a tooth in a gear,

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    hard to judge size,, how would the size 40 do with 12-14 lb mono ? was looking to set up a striper rig, My old dawai is missing a tooth in a gear,
    That I am not sure. I run the mid size one and im not even sure what number it is. All i do is run 6-8 pound mono on mine though. Im assuming D.O.C. 989 may know?

6. Joe4d
    well guess I can wait till I get home and check line capacity of my other reels,, IIRC the Daiwa holds 200 yards of 14,, Its bigger than I really need though.. the 40 says 230 yards of 10.. Bass Pro just sent me a birthday $10 off code,, so even better deal..

7. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    well guess I can wait till I get home and check line capacity of my other reels,, IIRC the Daiwa holds 200 yards of 14,, Its bigger than I really need though.. the 40 says 230 yards of 10.. Bass Pro just sent me a birthday $10 off code,, so even better deal..
    heck yeah!

8. Member
    I only use the 20 series size, I think you would be happy with the 35 series size, the 40 series seem very large to me. Not sure what size of fish your after but i have caught hybrids up to 5 lbs with no issues on ultra lite and lite rods. If i were only targeting stripers or hybrids I would most likely go with a 30 size as i like smaller profile reels. The drags on my 20's are very impressive for the size of reel. Depending on your personal size likes the 30, 35, and 40 will most likely handle the fish your after.

9. Member
    Dicks Sporting goods and Field and Stream stores have a 10.00 dollar mail in rebate on the President reels going right now. Good for purchases in store and on line.

I needed another 20 size for a new ultra light rod I just picked up and from my pricing this is the only "deal" I really found active right now on these reels.

10. Member
    Cabela's has the same offer. Most of the BP rods are 2 piece, if you prefer a one piece go the Cabela's route as most of theirs are one piece. Ordered a combo for the grandson and just happened to have a coupon for another $10 off.