Thread: Kaw info

Banned

Kaw info

Heading over to Kaw Saturday morning and I am planning on running a part of the lake I have never been in. Fish the lake a couple times every year and stay south of the bridge or on the left hand bank running up the river arm bellow the coon creek ramp. Saturday I want to go north of the coon creek ramp. Somebody tell me what I need to know.

If you're going north of coon creek you better be in an air boat. Very silted in up there.

3. Banned
    Looking for flats above coon creek

Years ago before it was as silted in Bear Creek was pretty good. I haven't even tried to get in it in years though. If you try it I'd go slow

5. Banned
    Guess the easiest way to ask is. When you go under the bridge and head up the river arm to the left where do the flats start?

North of Coon Creek it slowly gets shallow. Lots of sunken logs and debris in the water. Try looking on Google Earth and use the time function to see if there are pics of it low.
    Right now the lake is 2' high and slowly rising. Liable to be some floating trash due to the level. If you're going up into that area, I'm guessing you're catfishing. It is a bluecat factory!
    I've been going out there a couple times a week, but I've been fishing the lower end. If you have any questions, just ask.

7. Banned
    I am planning on putting in at Sarge creek at sun up, bass fishing till the shad start popping, catch some shad, and head up the lake to drift the flats at and above coon creek.

Shad are everywhere. Could have practically walked on them on any area of the lake last night. The flow coming into the lake really slowed down today, but I bet there is a pile of bruiser blues up where the river dumps into the flats. We've caught channels and walleye every evening out there the last couple weeks while bass fishing. Good luck! I bet you find some!