Ranger Trail trailer RT188... Value of trailer?

Hey guys!

I just purchased my RT188, and it came on the steel road armor coated Ranger Trail trailer... I am considering selling this trailer, and putting a McClain aluminum trailer underneath it, because I fish in brackish and saltwater quite a bit. I though I might be better served going ahead and selling the Ranger Trail trailer prior to ever dipping it in the salt.

My question is: Does anyone know the value of the Ranger Trail trailer, so that I have an idea at what price I should post it for sale?

Any help is greatly appreciated! TIA

Attached Images Attached Images
    'No Pain, No Palm; No Thorns, No Throne; No Gall, No Glory; No Cross, No Crown'

Ranger rt188 Camo/Mercury 115 Pro XS CT

2. Member
    If you bought it new wouldn't it had been cheaper to upgraded to the Ranger aluminum trailer nice boat to I'm currently looking at the 188 myself.

I wish this had been available a month ago. I just bought a new one from Ranger. It cost $2900 +shipping. I picked it up at the plant to save the shipping.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    I did buy new, but it was a boat that was on the lot and a left over from previous year. They offered me the option to upgrade to an aluminum trailer that they stocked (not a Ranger Trail), but I did not like the quality of it for the additional money I would have spent. I think selling the Ranger Trail, and buying what I want will allow me to come out even. The Ranger trailers are priced at a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin 180 View Post
    If you bought it new wouldn't it had been cheaper to upgraded to the Ranger aluminum trailer nice boat to I'm currently looking at the 188 myself.
    'No Pain, No Palm; No Thorns, No Throne; No Gall, No Glory; No Cross, No Crown'

Ranger rt188 Camo/Mercury 115 Pro XS CT

Is the mcclain aluminum trailer 100% aluminum? Thats what i would want also if i fished brackish or salt water. The ranger aluminum trailers for these boats have aluminum side rails the rest of the crossmembers are galvanized steel and bolted together. Never really been a super big fan of a bolted together trailer. I think you making the right move. That trailer looks nice yoy wont have a problem selling and it should have the more reinforced winch stand which is a plus.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.