Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Livescope Connection issue

So my regular transducer is causing some kind of issues with my livescope when my regular transducer is plugged in my livescope doesn’t work but when I unplug the regular transducer the livescope works fine again...

any advice???
    Last edited by MNmuskyguy; 08-02-2018 at 06:57 PM.

2. Member
    And what is this regular transducer?
    What unit are you using?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    93sv with stock transducer

4. Member
    What does the light on the interface box do? Go red? Go off? stay green? I would double check grounds and power to the interface box first. Is it wired to a separate power source than the 93sv? Inquiring minds want to know.

5. Member
    Wow! Unusual problem. No way for anything to be plugged up wrong. I tend to agree with everestsdad in that I would suspect and/or verify power. The stock transducer will be either a CV52 or GT52, probably CV52. Here is the first thing I would do.
    --Hook up the CV52 to the 93sv and boot it up. Make sure voltage is displayed on screen. If it's not, bring up the Traditional Sonar view, and if it not displayed add it. That would be
    Menu->Sonar Setup->Overlay Numbers->Device Voltage->Show
    Then back out to the Traditional Sonar View. Note the voltage.
    Now, according to where the black box for the LiveScope is located, plug in the LVS to the unit. Or have the unit end plugged in already and plug the other end into the GLS10 box. The point is to be able to constantly monitor the voltage when it is plugged in and when it comes on. Now how much it drops.

Then try the other way. First the LVS, and then plug in the CV52. Sounds like you are borderline on battery power.
    Also note the blink pattern and color on the GLS10. Might be a clue.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    They share the same power source off the cranking battery and I believe the light blinks red twice and goes solid. I was coming to the conclusion there probably wasn’t enough power the more I thought about because they work fine separate but not together!

Quote Originally Posted by MNmuskyguy View Post
    They share the same power source off the cranking battery and I believe the light blinks red twice and goes solid. I was coming to the conclusion there probably wasn’t enough power the more I thought about because they work fine separate but not together!
    Any update regarding this issue?
    Garmin Pro Team

8. Member
    I’m in the process of installing livescope now myself connected everything on bow deck put battery up on deck. I installed active captain on my phone connected to my home WiFi update went first to my phone than slowly transferred to chart plotter. I then ran update on chart plotter unit turned off and on again about 2 times updating chart plotter and then proceeded to update black box. I want to list exact steps I went through for anyone installing themselves. I had solid red and flashing red lights and had not had green light until steps above were finished. I will say confusion was downloaded to my phone and then transfer to chartplotter and updated chart plotter. I’ll finish wiring tomorrow make sure it works before you mount everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Flickershad; 08-05-2018 at 12:16 AM.

9. Member
    I know I’m a little off topic but just saying when someone one installs livescope wire it up on deck to battery directly to Garmin wiring to a fully charged battery. I’ll say this way you know it works before you run your wires this way you’ll have an ideal if it’s not working you might need a bigger battery ,thicker gauge wire or you have a faulty Livescope transducer. I seen a handful of people post messages who had problems takes 5 minutes to wire up directly to battery but will save time in the long run.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Any update regarding this issue?
    Haven’t had a chance to look at it was busy all weekend gonna pick up a battery sometime this week

11. Member
    So I’m running version 7.0 instead of gls10 would this still cause the problem the I described earlier or am I stil looking at a voltage issue?

Yes, update to current software, then report back.
    Garmin Pro Team

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Yes, update to current software, then report back.
    So I called Garmin and they claimed I wasn't up to date on my software (7.0) and sent a chip out for me to update my echomap Plus 93sv. I put the chip in the card reader and hit install and it literally took 10 seconds and restarted and it still shows that I have version 7 on my 93sv and I still can't use both my regular transducer and LiveScope together. Is there a version newer than 7? because the Garmin website doesn't show anything newer.

14. Member
    Still too many unknowns to do a good diagnosis. For example, When you say they don't work together, are you on the water? Is the trolling motor deployed? How is the LVS transducer mounted, shaft or torpedo? Of the pictures showing the various orientations in the installation instructions, which one identifies the orientation you used? I've give you an example where nothing is wrong, but it won't work. A combo screen has been set up to show 2d and LiveScope Forward at the same time. The LiveScope transducer is not deployed or is deployed but oriented to Down.

Or

Make your testing simple. Install the mounting orientation for Forward being careful to follow the installation instructions showing pictures for how it is to be mounted.
    Now get on the water and deploy the trolling motor.
    Turn on the unit and create a new combo. Select two panels.
    Make the one on the left Traditional. Make the one on the right LiveScope.
    Save it.
    Now display that combo panel you just created.
    Press Menu and choose the options for LiveScope.
    Then Sonar Setup->Installation->Orientation
    Choose Forward.

Now when you go back if your unit, GLS and transducer are working, you should see both on the screen.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Still too many unknowns to do a good diagnosis. For example, When you say they don't work together, are you on the water? Is the trolling motor deployed? How is the LVS transducer mounted, shaft or torpedo? Of the pictures showing the various orientations in the installation instructions, which one identifies the orientation you used? I've give you an example where nothing is wrong, but it won't work. A combo screen has been set up to show 2d and LiveScope Forward at the same time. The LiveScope transducer is not deployed or is deployed but oriented to Down.

Or

Make your testing simple. Install the mounting orientation for Forward being careful to follow the installation instructions showing pictures for how it is to be mounted.
    Now get on the water and deploy the trolling motor.
    Turn on the unit and create a new combo. Select two panels.
    Make the one on the left Traditional. Make the one on the right LiveScope.
    Save it.
    Now display that combo panel you just created.
    Press Menu and choose the options for LiveScope.
    Then Sonar Setup->Installation->Orientation
    Choose Forward.

Now when you go back if your unit, GLS and transducer are working, you should see both on the screen.
    So for an example I had my normal transducer hooked up tonight in the garage and then I plugged in my LiveScope to my 93sv and it'll work for 5 seconds and then it'll say transducer not connected and the options for panoptix will disappear from my home screen all together. I have also noticed well fishing when I am going to change spots and have pulled the trolling motor back in go to start the big Motor it'll flash the same transducer not connected message and the panoptix again will disappear from my home screen. Which leads me to believe my battery isn't providing enough power to run it. What size battery do you run for your system?

16. Member
    For cranking/electronics I run 3-Everstart Maxx-27's. They came with a full 3 year total replacement warranty. They won't last 3 years as I use them 4-5 times a week. So then I'll get a warranty replacement. Quite often I am running 5 units and lately 3 Panoptix.

You get the transducer not connected message when the setting for viewing is different than the physical orientation of the transducer. Go into the menu and change it from Auto to Forward. It has an internal sensor that's trying to determine how you mounted it. That only works when on the water with the trolling motor deployed.

You are right about the error message when cranking the engine. Not enough battery.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    For cranking/electronics I run 3-Everstart Maxx-27's. They came with a full 3 year total replacement warranty. They won't last 3 years as I use them 4-5 times a week. So then I'll get a warranty replacement. Quite often I am running 5 units and lately 3 Panoptix.

You get the transducer not connected message when the setting for viewing is different than the physical orientation of the transducer. Go into the menu and change it from Auto to Forward. It has an internal sensor that's trying to determine how you mounted it. That only works when on the water with the trolling motor deployed.

You are right about the error message when cranking the engine. Not enough battery.
    I hooked it up to one of my trolling motor deep cycle batteries this morning in the garage and never got an error code so hopefully I found the fix! Thanks for all the help! I will report back if I’m still having problems

18. Member
    I tried helping a guy with the same issue and same unit this weekend. When the stock transducer is disconnected, livescope will work. Checked everything. Software, wires, fuses, connections and battery.

We ended up using 6 marine awg wire from the battery directly to a blue seas fuse block at the console and 10 awg from the block to the bow. This was to eliminate boat wiring as a problem. This didn't fix the problem.

Next, I pulled my new 31 class AGM off my boat for him to try, same problem.

So now we are wondering if it's a software issue or possibly the regular transducer is failing. But seeing this post, I'm thinking it's more of a software problem. How long were you running the 93sv before adding the livescope? And did you have any issues with the stock transducer before? Like erratic or no depth readings sporadically?

19. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MNmuskyguy View Post
    I hooked it up to one of my trolling motor deep cycle batteries this morning in the garage and never got an error code so hopefully I found the fix! Thanks for all the help! I will report back if I’m still having problems
    So why does it work on your TM batteries but not cranking???
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    So why does it work on your TM batteries but not cranking???
    It was an older battery just don't think it could meet the demand of the chart plotter and both transducers.. Bought a big deep cycle today and have yet to get an error code

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast