Plastics Storage

Water not in my trailer and swimbait container.. Rusted my swimbait hooks and discolored my baits. Any someone find a great container for trailers and swimbaits that are water proof? Thanks
    Tight Lines

2. Member
    Bass Mafia makes several styles of containers that have seals and are waterproof. They are available from most of the normal tackle supply places.

3. Member
    https://www.cabelas.com/product/CABE....uts?slotId=12

This is what I switched over to this season, from regular Plano boxes. They are a little less quality, but they do keep moisture out of soft plastics, crankbaits, topwaters etc. I spent the money on a Bass Mafia terminal box, which is absolutely amazing, but for everything else these do great.

4. Member

USA

When you get home from fishing open all of your tackle boxes to dry out. And don't put a wet lure back in the box. Let if lay on the deck for a bit to dry out before putting it away.

5. Member
    Thanks for commenting.. Only problem is I keep my boat on a lift 2 hours away from home.. I think I will invest in 2 Plano waterproof boxes for Swimbaits & Trailers.
    Tight Lines

6. Member

USA

I only open all the boxes if I was fishing in rainy conditions. But just letting the lures dry out a bit ( not wet ) before putting them in the box helps a lot. If you put wet lures in a sealed box, they will not dry out and rust easier.

7. Member
    Just remember. If you have the air tight boxes and you put a wet bait or hook back in it, you are sealing in the moisture and that will rust everything up too.

8. Member
    Might want to grab onto some of those dry packs that come with many deliveries. Add a small one to every box to absorb moisture.

I saw a tip on here a few years back, and bought several square, soft plastic, clear zippered top "make up" bags, they are around 5"high by 9" X 8", you can fit probably 15 + bags of baits in each one. I have 1 ea. for drop shot, senkos, swim baits, trailers etc...put a label on the top of each. Handy: Google "transparent cosmetic bags"
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS