Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
  1. RIP -April 30,2023
    i got no use for a 225 unless i use it for a tm and i dont even need that. after driving a few allys, the prosport would be nice to have for taking the family out on a river or lake. i seen first hand why people like it because of the wind protection. it's unbelieveable. for everything else, ill stick with my stroker. if i wanted to go really fast, id own a mirage. for most people, its personal preference. personally, i could care less how many records allison has. if i wanted one, thats what i would have bought. if i didnt have a stroker, id be back in a blazer. the sst bullet is sure getting my attention though, i might would get one of those instead of a blazer. its one sexy mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by gcross View Post
    CB you are sooo right about that. Put a 225pm on any of these rigs, 30 gallons of gas, 24v troller, 10 rods and 30# of tackle, and a 200# man and I say they will be in this order. 2002, stroker,2003, bullet, xtb21, and whatever is left. Now ive said before I base what I know on what I see at different boat rally's not what some people said they've seen or heard. Wouldn't you like to have one of each just to play with?

2. Member
    Wow, I sat here and re-read this entire thread plus what was added today. It is interesting how personal preference plays a big part of what brand is better/faster. Mine isn't a rocket, I have had it to 103 light at 4350 ft elevation. This is with a stock 300xs. I usually go fishing in the high 80's/low to mid 90's solo (depending on prop). These fishing runs are usually with in a 2 mile stretch or less. Fortunate or unfortunately since my fishing partner sold his xb03/280ss there aren't any other perf bass boats out here to run with. I do enjoy cruzing in the 80's while the others are hammer down in the low/mid 60's.

3. Member
    You are so right. Brand allegiance wipes out reason and logic for several people on here who cling to records and a past one off performance run rather than what the masses of particular hull are actually capable of running. All these boats are so different you really are hard pressed to get an apples to apples comparison. I guess the bottom line is buy what you like and be happy with it. If it's not fast enough for you, buy something else. I don't have an allegiance to any brand, I see the strengths and weaknesses in each boat for what they are. If I was going to buy another bass boat today, I'd like to try an LCB tunnel, they look interesting and completely different and of course, can't be compared to a Stroker or Bullet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    Wow, I sat here and re-read this entire thread plus what was added today. It is interesting how personal preference plays a big part of what brand is better/faster. Mine isn't a rocket, I have had it to 103 light at 4350 ft elevation. This is with a stock 300xs. I usually go fishing in the high 80's/low to mid 90's solo (depending on prop). These fishing runs are usually with in a 2 mile stretch or less. Fortunate or unfortunately since my fishing partner sold his xb03/280ss there aren't any other perf bass boats out here to run with. I do enjoy cruzing in the 80's while the others are hammer down in the low/mid 60's.
    Mr StrokerDee :thumb

4. Member
    Hopefully this thread doesn't come back from the dead to become a pissing match. The bullet vs Allison vs stroker is pretty much the same debate as the ford vs chevy vs dodge. To each his own. For me, the xb2002 is the most versatile which is why I like it (drag race, river run, ski, seat 4/5, good rough water characteristics, fish, etc. though it is arguably one of the worst fishing platforms).

5. Member
    I spent a few hrs running a friends 2+2/250xs while my Stroker floated in the middle of the lake. He was looking for help on learning how to drive his Ally. I was very cautious based on the rumors of the smaller Ally's, he watched very closely and at the end of the day he thanked me for working with him. The rig ran great and had a fantastic ride.

6. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    don't worry jdm allis are always faster until the strokers show up....lol

let me know if you make it east...

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

7. Member

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post

lol well then johnny come lately show up the APBA has only been waiting for ya...hmmm, uhhh 10 years? no 20 years? no no I got it wrong 30 years... show up and get you a world record theres only multiple world records to attain... held by Allison. I don't want ya to be limited, please chose them all...lol When that day comes strokersmoker I will bring you lunch cause it will be long wait brother. lol
    Last edited by JDM; 04-05-2017 at 10:58 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    I spent a few hrs running a friends 2+2/250xs while my Stroker floated in the middle of the lake. He was looking for help on learning how to drive his Ally. I was very cautious based on the rumors of the smaller Ally's, he watched very closely and at the end of the day he thanked me for working with him. The rig ran great and had a fantastic ride.
    thumbs up S-Dean. I didn't own but had seen Allison boat since the late 80's. What I was always amazed about. Every Allison owner I knew was able to jump out of his boat and help they other gents wanted to learn how to drive their boats. I am sure you re call the TR20/21 (smaller pad, about 500- lbs lighter then) when they first came out. Some experienced tournament anglers were having trouble driving that hull. I watched an Ally driver jump out of his boat and into one got the angler driving his top end in a hour or two. Thats the one thing I have always liked about most Allison owners they stopped and help'd guys no matter if they were in a gambler, storm, norris craft or ranger. Years ago the driving know was not filtered through all the bass boat brands as it is today nor at the frequency. I remember non-allison bassin forums seeking help with their popular brands (believe it or not) and an Ally guy would get on help the dude out. Again thumbs up

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post

Is it time for another famous thumbs up pass video.

10. Member
    They can all be beat on any given day, and they all have there pros and cons, buy what you like and feel comfortable in.

11. Banned
    I've run 102 in a 21 Allison in 2004 with a tournament load and two guys over 250lbs..Not sure who started the rumors the new 21 wouldn't run the numbers,this was with a 28 trophy at that..

12. RIP -April 30,2023
    this is correct

Quote Originally Posted by badobullet83 View Post
    They can all be beat on any given day, and they all have there pros and cons, buy what you like and feel comfortable in.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011