Feeling the Pressure!

So about 10-12 days ago a lady from the Chicago area whom I never met contacts me thru Facebook about finding a boat captain for her 14 yo son and his partner that are wanting to fish an Illinois Bass Nation junior state qualifier in Albany on pool 14 in Sept. I'm thinking it was probably easier to just volunteer since I have the time and am doing a tournament from there the following weekend, so I tell her to sign me up. So what happens next.....the kid WINS a BASS National HS Series Championship tournament in Tennessee yesterday! Watched the live weigh in on the BASS website! The pressure to find fish for them just exploded!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

They find their own fish you just right? lol

3. Member
    Wow! Good for you, enjoy sir. Don't let his win pressure you, maybe pay attention to what he does!

Best of Luck. Should be fun for both of you. Are you allowed to lock up river?

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooksetter5 View Post
    Best of Luck. Should be fun for both of you. Are you allowed to lock up river?
    Yes, we can lock up. They've also added a kicker..... a tagged fish will be released in pool 13 or 14. If caught it will mean a $50,000 scholarship and/or a bass boat! The mom is from LeClair IA and is going to bring Carter there next week for a family visit. LeClair is where we do our Tuesday Night Tournaments, so I volunteered again to take him out for 1 of those.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish_4_Five View Post
    They find their own fish you just right? lol
    Yeah right! There are a few local ' big sticks' that follow fish around the river and will be boat captains. It will be hard competing against those guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Rips LEGEND View Post
    Yeah right! There are a few local ' big sticks' that follow fish around the river and will be boat captains. It will be hard competing against those guys!
    For sure. I definitely said that tongue and cheek because these come down to the adult captain more than anything. Good luck, I'm sure you'll have a blast. And at least you know those kids can fish, so that'll make t even more enjoyable.

8. Member
    That's awesome! Wish they had high school fishing when my kids were in school.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    That's awesome! Wish they had high school fishing when my kids were in school.
    Me too!

10. Member
    Carter Wijangco is his name. His mother is from the area and Grandma still lives in LeClair IA. where we hold our Tuesday night tournaments. I told them he could join the club and fish tomorrow night with me. We prefished today and he's the real deal! Polite, asked several questions, used the right baits, caught his 1st river bass and had a great day! He's looking forward to meeting the Moline HS bass team coach an some of his team that will be there. Should be a good night for the club and I plan on some pictures. A great big credit goes to mom Jill Wijangco for doing everything she can to help Carter get where he's at!

Wish i was retired.... Lol Bill told me you were taking a kid out. Glad it went good.