519 seats on a 3 series

Has anyone put seats out of a newer Ranger into a 3 series? I am doing a refresh on a 1990 365V, New carpet, Pro tec the hull and top cap. I went to an upholstery shop to see about redoing the seats and low and behold they had seats out of a 5 series sitting off to the side. They are in nice condition in in the colors I wanted to do my existing seats in. Current bench seat is 74" wide, the other seat is 72" Has anyone done this? Were there any mounting issues? Thanks for your help.

2. Member

3 Series seat upgrade

Yes I also have a 1990 362 pulled the bench seat out put in brand new seats I ordered for a 2014 Z 518 and the coin box. I had to remove my passenger side box. I am 6 ft tall and the legroom is a little tight but these seats are worth it no more back pain from a rough ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    The coin box was for a 2011 because it's only 19 in wide

I am 6 ft tall and the legroom is a little tight but these seats are worth it no more back pain from a rough ride.
    Slightly off OP's topic, but you could consider cutting the console a bit. After installing new seats in my Cajun, I cut an inch off the bottom of my console and re-radiused the side panel. Even that little bit made a HUGE difference in knee/leg room!

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=659117

5. Member
    Good idea it has pinch welting on that edge it would be easy to get some new pinch welting and cut and reinstall

6. Member
    I have a Ranger 165VS with original seat and I would like to install a newest ranger seats. I emailed Ranger parts and accesories asking and their answer was that I cannot do it... What do you think about it?

Regards

7. Member
    Contact Connie Hill at Ranger. How much room do you have to work with? I think my seats and coin box were 72". Seats are 2014 and coin box is 2011. They made them for me late last year.

8. Member
    Thanks Ranger362xr4 for your feedback. I saw what you did and that was what inspired me to go that route. I purchased the seats and they were very simple to install. I was unable to lower the seat height as CastinCall did because of the height of the fuel tanks under the seats. The seats were from an 2004 519. The seats look great and the ride difference is incredible. Since I was installing new carpet in the boat I replaced the upholstered rod locker cover with one I built and put carpet over it so it matched the other side. I love looking at this forum and seeing what people do with older boats. I hope to get some pictures up in the near future.

9. Member
    I'll second that on the ride difference. I get reminded how it used to be when I ride of my nephew's 361 and get jolted.

10. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    That came out nice! You're going to love it!

12. Member
    WOW very nice change !!

13. Member
    Thanks, I just lucked into finding the seats. After looking at a lot of pictures in the owners galleries it looks like they came out of a 2004 519. There was a 1/2" gap between the boat and the back of the seats seats which I filled with a 1/4" piece of plywood and folded new carpet over it on top. I then just screwed the seats through the back (center inserts are removable) The seats were a little narrower so I centered them on the steering wheel and carpeted the gap on the passenger side. That made a nice place to lay extra rods down into when there is someone fishing in the back of the boat.