Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

What would YOU do with the space in my dash?

I recently put a Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv on my boat and now smack dab in the middle of my dash is an old Lowrance X52 unit that doesn’t work, well it did if you could only see the screen...it was so dull!

I want to take it out but I have no idea what to put in that hole left behind. I have a tach, Speedo, water pressure, trim gauge, fuel level and voltage gauge. I’m kind of at a loss what to put there!

Any thoughts? Thanks everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    Flasher.

3. Member
    Put another Echomap. You could use it for mapping and the other one for sonar.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

cut out a metal plate and cover the hole put a logo sticker on it
    2017 Phoenix 919 Pro-XP 225 Mercury Pro-XS

5. Member
    Merc monitor, or the evinrude equivalent?

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    Merc monitor, or the evinrude equivalent?
    Id love to but since mine is an ‘06 the motor doesn’t have that capability. I think that started on ‘08 on the Etecs.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Picture of your bride

8. Member
    How about a cell phone holder .....

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/dash-mount-phone-holder

9. Banned
    Fabricate a cover plate and install a stereo

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    If I want a pic of my wife I’ll pull my phone out, but that’s funny! I was thinking about one of those little radios that are round like a gauge, would just have to make a little plate to cover the rectangle. I think it’s either a radio or another Garmin.

metal plate with a 12v socket dead center,, for ciggy lighter or hand held 12v zillion candle power light? BTW I had 1 of those lights, and it really didnt shine across the lake very far, guess the water dissapates its Brightness? but did have to hold it till cooled off before laying down, it got hot

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Wow, that phone holder is pretty cool! I’d never place it there on purpose but I think it might be the perfect size to cover the hole! Thank you Falco!

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    metal plate with a 12v socket dead center,, for ciggy lighter or hand held 12v zillion candle power light? BTW I had 1 of those lights, and it really didnt shine across the lake very far, guess the water dissapates its Brightness? but did have to hold it till cooled off before laying down, it got hot
    I have a 12v 1,000,000 candlepower light and a Maglight gives off more light. Also have a rechargable 1000 lumen LED flashlight which gives off more light

14. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipercub View Post
    Put another Echomap. You could use it for mapping and the other one for sonar.

yea some are good, built in battery as age dont hold charge, so took out and wired in with ciggy plug.. but i don't use when motor off ,, I despise Paddling

16. Member
    I had the same issue in my old boat, I found a Tupperware container that fit snug inside the hole and silicone in. Had a square piece of metal cut, attached two hinges on the top, applied couple magnets on the bottom to keep in place and used for additional storage for random junk. Worked great!!

Idk how ridgid yoyr dash is or how fancy you want to get but a reinforced plate over he opening with a bracket attached to mount your graph above the opening or a second graphing map. I have a small graph dedicated to 2d sonar and setup for on plane depth readings. Pretty handy.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

18. Member
    IPAD linked to the motor or FF?

19. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m in central Florida and if I keep my phone out right now it overheats and shuts off in this 97 and up weather, did it the other day when I was checking my gps. These are all great ideas...I’d love to mount my Gatmin there and give myself a reason to get another up front! It won’t fit how the gauges currently are.

Im sure I can find an unmolested stock dash for a 2006! Yes I’m jokin!