Thread: Urban Meyer

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    He's the King of denial.......and puss!
    Got to agree !!!!

Break out the Nitrous pills and the defibulator.....

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    I believe you have a pic for everything possible
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    What if he reports it, the police go there, wife says, "No he didn't hit me I tripped over the mop bucket." Then he gets sued and vilified for falsely accusing him.

Where do guys get that had/has ANY duty to report what goes on in any coach’s personal life?

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by NiteBite6855 View Post
    That's not good for the team 30 days before kickoff!
    said that was the plan so with him being on leave the distraction isn't as large because he's not there..m
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

6. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post

Where do guys get that had/has ANY duty to report what goes on in any coach’s personal life?
    It's written into contracts, and it's by law in Title 9. He knows and has known for years what his responsibilities are.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

7. Banned
    Title 9 says that? Interesting I will look it up.
    Edit, i just read the cliff notes on title 9 and I dont see anything remotely close to this.

8. Member
    Is urban currently the da in Columbus now?

Title 9 does require reporting of violence against students...not coach's wives. If there was an incident on campus, then it could be in effect.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    This wont amount to anything. You can find much more damaging stuff on ol Urban and he hasn't been punished yet. Hes a snake.
    He’s done! This is a PR nightmare for OSU especially with today’s Me Too movement and everything. Not many people will believe his wife didn’t tell him about the abuse when she says in her own text messages to the victim that she will tell Urban.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaryLab View Post
    He’s done! This is a PR nightmare for OSU especially with today’s Me Too movement and everything. Not many people will believe his wife didn’t tell him about the abuse when she says in her own text messages to the victim that she will tell Urban.
    He will probably take a bullet for this and be done. That said, if the woman sent a text message to his wife and asked his wife to tell him then he really only has hear say evidence. He did not witness a criminal act. Just my opinion, but why wouldn't the victim call the Police instead of the wife of the football coach? Police deal with crimes, football coaches try to get boys to win football games. IMO, it would be like calling the dentist office because your car was broke down.

12. Member
    Are we firing him for potentially knowingly hiring a spousal beater or for potentially knowing about it again in 15?. Im just trying to get behind this movement. Just need to kno why exactly
    Last edited by hellathump; 08-01-2018 at 07:51 PM.

13. Member
    Has the man at the center of this been convicted in court for beating his wife?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Has the man at the center of this been convicted in court for beating his wife?
    Not that I'm aware of. Just criminal trespass for dropping their kids off to their moms house..

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Title 9 does require reporting of violence against students...not coach's wives. If there was an incident on campus, then it could be in effect.
    From Fox News:

If Courtney Smith's allegations are confirmed, the Meyers*could be in violation of Title IX policy on reporting allegations of domestic violence against university employees. Shelley Meyer is a registered nurse and an instructor at the university.

16. Member
    Yea, but did the dude...get a tat????? Now that could be the killer...

What a crock!! If she herself didn't get law enforcement involved or file charges it's on her, period. I don't give a crap about title 9, she's a big girl with a cell phone with the numbers 911 on it.

If Meyer's wife came upon the information in the course/context of her job, there would be serious HIPAA concerns if she shared that information with anyone outside concerned parties within her employer. Including her husband.

So he supposedly heard from his wife tbe heard it from the victim and hes the one that is supposed to deal with it? Im fully against abuse at any level but I dont feel it was his responsibility in this case. He is hearing it second hand doesnt know all the details etc. Now if the woman wouldve came to him personally and told him looking for help, that is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    What a crock!! If she herself didn't get law enforcement involved or file charges it's on her, period. I don't give a crap about title 9, she's a big girl with a cell phone with the numbers 911 on it.
    This has nothing to do with calling the law. It’s about Urban being in a position of authority, in the public eye and being an ambassador for OSU and knowingly employing someone Who beats their wife. Not a good look for the university. Not in same league but comparative to Briles situation at Baylor. Knew about abuses but covered up for sake of wins/program.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast