Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    There several Champion pages on Facebook, I know that not many of us like it; but I only have it for the different fishing & boating sites. Every now and then a clean one will pop up for sale, but you have to act fast; because they sell fast.

2. Member
    The second ad looks to be a decent offering. Not sure how immediate you want a boat but if you aren't in a major rush ya might want to continue looking. Nice clean used champs are definitely getting rarer. They still pop up here and there. If I was going to buy the brand and model(s) I wanted I would be more willing to drive.

I bought my champ in 2013 and it will be with me for the very long haul. I was living in Florida and traveled to Milwaukee to get it. The expense of the trip and the inconvenience are long since forgotten.

If you previously had an 18' champ you might be happier going with a 20' on your next one.
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    Get fished -

I spoke with the 183 guy. He wanted cash money and would not accept a wire transfer. He was not putting the boat in the water until he was paid, must think I'm nutz.

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaduck View Post
    Get fished -

I spoke with the 183 guy. He wanted cash money and would not accept a wire transfer. He was not putting the boat in the water until he was paid, must think I'm nutz.
    He's the one that is nutz....! Never heard of anything quite so dumb!!!

5. Member
    Get fished -

At that point, I’m out. No need for both of you to be stupid.
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    He's the one that is nutz....! Never heard of anything quite so dumb!!!
    LOL, My wife, on occassion, would disagree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    At that point, I’m out. No need for both of you to be stupid.
    Yep, I about choked on my tongue.

7. Member
    Ok..Found a boat in Atlanta on craigslist (https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/b...639307427.html). He has a co-worker that lives nearby and will bring the boat to my location and let me have it for the weekend. He sent me a ton of pictures and the boat looks really good. The boat has a new powerhead with 25 hours. He said the reason the original motor blew was it ran lean. He replaced the powerhead and injectors and quit using the oil injection. He can't give me the name of the mechanic because he did the work under the table and would lose his job if caught.

Opinions?

8. Member
    Ok..Found a boat in Atlanta on craigslist (https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/b...639307427.html). He has a co-worker that lives nearby and will bring the boat to my location and let me have it for the weekend. He sent me a ton of pictures and the boat looks really good. The boat has a new powerhead with 25 hours. He said the reason the original motor blew was it ran lean. He replaced the powerhead and injectors and quit using the oil injection. He can't give me the name of the mechanic because he did the work under the table and would lose his job if caught.

Opinions?
    Without knowing who did the powerhead and cannot provide documentation I would not touch it. Most likely why it is still for sale. I would stick to the other deal since you know what you are buying.
    Last edited by STLBassBuster; 08-02-2018 at 03:50 PM.

9. Banned
    Get fished -

Some people are just ignorant. ^^^^^ that’s the type of guy you say “OK, have a nice day” to and walk away knowing you are better off.

Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    Without knowing who did the powerhead and cannot provide documentation I would not touch it. Most likely why it is still for sale. I would stick to the other deal since you know what you are buying.
    Agree

2009 ELITE 210

11. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I'm guessing the "183 guy" is not a BBCer. If he was, he'd have a lot more common sense than to think anyone would lay out cash without an on the water trial!!!!

12. Member
    It took some time but I finally got the boat I wanted, in the condition I wanted. Shout out to STLbassbuster for helping me the find this boat! Thanks all round for the help and encouragement! The owner of the boat had a couple of folks lined up to buy the boat and I made an offer after inspection/test drive. He gave me two days to get the money and ended up selling the boat out from under me on the second day. I was in the process of making a trip to Missouri to check out a really nice 206 owned by STLbassbuster and the owner called informed me that the other guy decided not to buy the boat. Apparently the man was buying the boat for his kid (15 yo) and the boat scared him to death. Anyway, I decided to go ahead an purchase the boat.

The boat has always been garage stored (heated and cooled). The owners home was immaculate, as was the boat. The hull shape was 10/10, carpet 8.5/10 (after cleaning the one bad spot it is a 9.5/10), and the engine was 9.5/10. I would eat out of the bilge! I have yet to find one scratch on the hull. The specs are below:

Hull: 2003 ChampioN 206 DCX Elite

Motor: 2003 Mercury 225 Optimax

Trailer: ChampioN Tandem Axel

Electronics: LMS 320 x2

Trolling Motor: MinnKota Power Drive 70 lbs with Auto Pilot

The boat goes 70 - 72 mph WOT (GPS = 71). 3/4 Tank, no tackle, and two men.

I did not expect that speed, but he is friends with Randy Howell and apparently got tips on getting good performance. I'll be selling the Lowrance units and the trolling motor as they will be upgraded. The following upgrades will be added in the coming weeks:

1. Echomap Plus 93sv Bow (Plus Garmin Livescope).
    2. Echomap Plus 93sv Console (Sidevu and Downvu).
    3. Smartcraft Gauge with NMEA 2000 Backbone.
    4. Minnkota Ultrex with iPilot Link.
    5. Hummingbird Helix 5 (iPilot Compatible)
    6. Remote Drain Plug

Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    Glad it worked for you. My 206 sold this week and now resides in New Mexico.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    Glad it worked for you. My 206 sold this week and now resides in New Mexico.
    Someone in New Mexico got one hell of a boat...

15. Member
    By the way...If you still have the passenger console and would like to sell it....Please let me know!!
    You can also ctc me at jeffcotten@sbcglobal.net
    Thanks

16. Member
    Awesome 206, love the colors. Congrats on the find in the condition that you described.
    Curious, what prop is on the motor ? And is it a regular optimax or proXS ?

17. Member
    Thanks! I like the colors as well! The prop is a Tempest Plus 26P and the motor is a 225 Optimax. It has a 10" setback SlideMaster Jack Plate and the prop to pad is 4" (Eyeballing it).

18. Member
    Jeff -

No passenger console for sale on this boat. The boat in the first picture had the extra console, but the seller backed out. This boat has a second console and it is installed. I may end up removing the console and if I do, I'll let you know.

19. Member
    Thanks for the info on the setup! I have a 2001 206 with a 225 optimax & 25p tempest plus runs 67-68 gps. 8” hydrodynamics jackplate.

You're gonna love it. I had a 186 first, and loved it. Bought my 196 and love it too. Great boat and roomy. I've fished a bunch out of a 206 and it's like fishing off an aircraft carrier. Stable as the day is long, comfy, roomy and a great platform. Congrats and good luck!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12