2008 Champion 210 upgrades?

I’ve had this boat about a year and love it! I’m starting to install all the latest and greatest accessories. Ultrex and power poles installed. Next I would like to repower. Has anyone repowered with new MercuryV8, sho, or g2?
    Last edited by Agpilot; 07-31-2018 at 07:31 PM.

2. Member
    I had a 210 with a 250 SHO it was a perfect match.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    I had a 210 with a 250 SHO it was a perfect match.
    Had? I thought you just brought it a few months ago.

Sport1 that's a long time for Jeff. LOL

5. Banned
    If it were me I'd stick with Mercury. You're looking at a couple extra thousand$ to switch... All new controls and labor add up quickly... Dan

You can do the best upgrade for free.....pull the passenger console off.

that thing fishes a ton better with only one console. My little bro did it to his and WAY better!!

7. Member
    I fish team trail tournaments on Rayburn and Toledo in January and February. My team partner really likes it!!

8. Member
    Do you have a touch pad for your live well controls? If so, you may want to look at getting the rocker style switch conversion kit. I have a 2007 200 Elite and mine is still working but went ahead and ordered one from Ranger since Johnny Morris pulled the plug on Stratos. The touch pads are no longer made and I am afraid the rocker style switch panels and wiring harness needed to get away from the megalink system are going to be hard to come by soon.

Where did you mount the pump for the power poles ? Have a pic? I am trying to figure out where to mount the pump for one.

10. Member
    The new Merc 4.6 is still in early stages but have heard nothing negative as of yet. The Shows are fantastic but as others have mentioned new everything adds up. Personally not a fan of the G2, Have experienced only problems on my end. I'd look into a last model ProXs if it were me, but that new v8 does sound fantastic.
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpilot View Post
    I’ve had this boat about a year and love it! I’m starting to install all the latest and greatest accessories. Ultrex and power poles installed. Next I would like to repower. Has anyone repowered with new MercuryV8, sho, or g2?
    That's a great looking rig... where did you find it?

That new merc should really wake that rig up. May not see huge increases in speed, but hole shot and mid range would be huge.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    That's a great looking rig... where did you find it?

That new merc should really wake that rig up. May not see huge increases in speed, but hole shot and mid range would be huge.
    Thanks. I looked nation wide for about 6 months and found this only 1 hour away from me(lake Charles La). I can tell you this, they don’t last long when they go up for sale!