Mounting hds carbon 12

Need some advise from you guys, I am in the process of wanting to mount my locator up at the console on the plastic where my previous locator was, however will the weight of the new graph(6lbs) along with the heavier ram mount create a problem? Will the plastic console hold this weight? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

2. Member
    I have a 9” garmin mounted on a ram mount in original location. Been on 3yrs no problems. I think that area is a little thicker than the rest of the console

3. Member
    Dont know the weight of my Carbon 9, cantilevered 6" (more torque), through bolted with I believe #12's, washers and nylocks underside, feels pretty solid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Tracker View Post
    Dont know the weight of my Carbon 9, cantilevered 6" (more torque), through bolted with I believe #12's, washers and nylocks underside, feels pretty solid.
    That's good looking. I don't think I can get up underneath to the console for a thru mount with washers and nuts.

5. Member
    My console has a decent size opening underneath, I had the whole gauge pod off and the cup holder out this spring while I was doing a major install, it was still a bit challenging putting the washers and nuts on the back side, but a walk in the park compared to the shelf of electronics and hydraulic autopilot pump I stuffed inside the console.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by R2Tracker; 07-31-2018 at 09:28 PM. Reason: attempted to attach thumbnail
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

I havnt had any issues with my setup. Ram mount anda humminbird 898. Been this way since 2012. I used 5/16” bolts with fender washers and nyloc nuts all stainless. Its kindof a chore reaching underneath but the cupholder comes out depending on the year. The composite material they make these out of isnt regular plastic or fiberglass its TOUGH holds screws well and is very sturdy. That graph area is thick. No worries.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    I havnt had any issues with my setup. Ram mount anda humminbird 898. Been this way since 2012. I used 5/16” bolts with fender washers and nyloc nuts all stainless. Its kindof a chore reaching underneath but the cupholder comes out depending on the year. The composite material they make these out of isnt regular plastic or fiberglass its TOUGH holds screws well and is very sturdy. That graph area is thick. No worries.
    Optimax, boat is a 2018 doesn't have the cup holder so very difficult to reach underneath. I did take off the board under the console that hold the fuse box and it is still very tight trying to reach underneath up to the plastic area where previous graph was located. Almost feel like I need to remove console and make this a winter project so I wont be down any fishing time. lol

8. Member
    Does anyone know how to remove the "face" of console where gauges are located? Thinking might have easier access through front of console.

9. Member
    Not sure what model 2018 you have but some of the pics on the Tracker site, I see the right side silver panel with the bilge switches should be easy enough to remove, maybe that is enough to gain access. To remove the entire gauge cluster on mine I had to remove the windshield which reveals more screws around the perimeter of the gauge pod.

Worst case scenario, screw it to the plastic with some good course threads and if not suffice you find a way to through bolt later.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Tracker View Post
    Not sure what model 2018 you have but some of the pics on the Tracker site, I see the right side silver panel with the bilge switches should be easy enough to remove, maybe that is enough to gain access. To remove the entire gauge cluster on mine I had to remove the windshield which reveals more screws around the perimeter of the gauge pod.

Worst case scenario, screw it to the plastic with some good course threads and if not suffice you find a way to through bolt later.
    it is the 190TX. I will check out the panel on the right side, it is the livewell switches

Remove panel on right where bilge switches are,4 screws, you will have plenty of access.

12. Member
    Got it, thanks Buzzbait