Banned

Bleeding surge brakes?

I have to replace a broken brake line on my trailer and I'm looking for any tips or advice on bleeding the system. Thanks Rod.

Rod,
    A quick search will get you what you need. It’s been been covered a bunch.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Banned
    Thank you I figured that gravity would be my best friend and it was

4. Scraps
    I've just replaced a brake line on my almost new boat. Messed around a lot with my previous 18 yr old Ranger. I've found the best way to bleed is either using the actuator (a PITA) or "pushing" the fluid through from the actuator. The latter would require making or buying a pump. I'll also say that I'm usually doing this in some local parking lot with the boat on the trailer. It can be a PITA to maintain a good seal on the caliper bleeders. If I could, I would get the boat off the trailer. Remember to bleed the master cylinder, first. If you're looking for new brake line the newer flex line is really nice stuff. Can be bought in about any length.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    It can be a PITA to maintain a good seal on the caliper bleeders.
    http://www.speedbleeder.com/

Silicone tubing with speedbleeders makes life easy when bleeding brakes

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    http://www.speedbleeder.com/

Silicone tubing with speedbleeders makes life easy when bleeding brakes
    Looks pretty sweet and only $7 each! Not bad! There seems to be a lot of different part numbers though?

John

I have a vacuum bleeder. I can have the wife keep the brake fluid full in the master cylinder and pull the fluid from from to back.

8. Member
    Or you can do it the poor boys way with a 4' 2x4 pushing the actuator in. Pain in the butt but it works. Just set the 2x4 at an angle under the tongue and push forward on the actuator. Find a dummy for the floor work

9. Member
    Bleeding the brakes is not hard.
    1. Raise the jack tongue as high as it will go.
    2. place jack stands under each axle.
    3. blow compressed air around the bleeding screws.
    4. remove the brake fluid cap. (important to keep the master cylinder full of brake fluid at all times.
    (Best with an assistant. Do not get the fluid on the paint or road armor as it can/will damage the finish.)
    5. bleed lines furthest from the master cylinder. use a flare wrench to loosen the bleeder screw. activate the bleeder then open the bleeder. close and then repeat process.
    6. bleed the other side of the trailer line closest to master cylinder.
    7. continue to bleed till fluid is clear and no air bubbles.

Bleeding the brakes/fluid every three years will prevent headaches and clostly repairs on brake lines rusting out and faulty master cyliner..

10. Banned
    The bleeder pump I got says to bleed the one that's closest to the the master first. That's what I did. Worked good.