Thread: Trolling motor

Banned

Trolling motor

How is everyone rigging their trolling motors? Tennessee style or traditional bass boat style???... I'm having my 21XRS rigged with a Minn Kota and need some input from those who have had it done... So how are all the cool kids doing it???... Dan

2. Member
    Regular for me, only way I've ever had one

3. Member
    Regular here

Regular here also

5. Hagen
    Regular also but I think I would like to change to TN style. It would be easier to see around the fortrex and ultrex
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by minnowlimo View Post
    Regular also but I think I would like to change to TN style. It would be easier to see around the fortrex and ultrex
    Plus it wouldn't cover the "V pin-striping" on the nose... Dan

7. Hagen
    I would definitely put some thought into it. Maybe someone will post some pics of theirs for you to look at and decide.
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

8. Banned
    On the Bullet Facebook page all the Bullet pro's have it traditionally mounted... For those that have it mounted traditional style does it stick out over the gunnel a lot? Thinking about when I get a cover made for trailing would that cause a fit problem???... Dan

9. Member
    Tn style. Traditional is for cookie cutters.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger55 View Post
    Tn style. Traditional is for cookie cutters.
    My thinking exactly... Dan

11. Member
    I am on my fourth Bullet and it is my first Tn style and like it better.

I went to a 50 inch Fortrex on my boat because anything shorter sucked in the big water I fish. I needed to drill more holes because it would have stuck out over the side of the boat. Hitting docks, cover not fitting etc was not an option for me. I really, really hate how there is no flat spot to mount a trolling motor on a Bullet. It must be the most ignorant designs I have seen. I have tried custom made Delrin washers, rubber etc and still not satisfied. Mounting a large, heavy troller with a flat bottom should have an appropriate mounting surface. The top of my bow flexes using the troller. I think Bullet should have a thicker mounting area. I beefed mine up, But still moves some.

Please keep this in mind before you drill any holes into that beautiful boat!

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

13. Member
    I had every way of mounting them on my boat. I'm using TN style now and like it the best. I'm using a MG X5 105. Love it, also its 3.4lbs lighter then my MG tour 109 was.