Thread: FX Fuel guage?

FX Fuel guage?

How accurate is the stock fuel guage. Ordered the engine interface cable but till I get it have to rely on the dash.

2. Member
    My 17 fx 20 le had a digital gas gauge also.

3. Member
    Not sure because I have a ZX250 but I know my gas gauge sticks and I have to tap it. So Im not exactly sure what I have. Ridiculous really....

4. Member
    My 13 FX20 digital fuel gage is not accurate at all. I rely more on the odometer at 72-75 miles for each 24 gal. tank

5. Member
    What year and model are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by SHG View Post
    How accurate is the stock fuel guage. Ordered the engine interface cable but till I get it have to rely on the dash.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit53 View Post
    What year and model are you referring to?
    2018 FX21 LE

7. Member
    My FX21 (2014) was not accurate. I did a bit a research and the gas tank design is the problem. Each of the two gas tanks has a extension on the top to add 5 gallon each of capacity, thus there is no linear accuracy with a float style sending unit.....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

8. Member
    I have a FX 20. I consider the gauge wonky at best. It shows full most of the time then shows less than a quarter I have more like half. To be honest I don't need a fuel gauage. I pretty much know what my running time is for a full load of fuel and while it wil vary on how I'm running my head calculations worm better the the fuel gauges.

9. Member
    On my 2018 FX21LE the fuel guage is pretty accurate. I calculate fuel used before each fill up and it is pretty much spot on. Now, my previous 2012 was a totally different story.