Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Few Fish Reveal Pics.....

Here are some shots of Fish Reveal from a HDS 9/LSS 2 combo....first time i used it and unit since the software update.....i always had an HDS 10 on console so i switched head units out and tried it today....i'm used to the larger screen as i didnt like the looks of the images....usually the 9 is on the bow and with the distance there compared to the dash, i never noticed the big difference in the images.....i'm not to impressed with these images....

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    I have caught a couple fish that I can contribute to "fish reveal" but that's about it! Looks pretty but it seems about anything with a "hard signal" shows to be a fish like a tree branch! Lowrance is falling farther behind in technology!! IMHO!! I have used Lowrance since the flasher of the early 70's, recently I upgraded to 3 Hds-12 Carbons but had I not gotten them at 50% discount I would have switched to Humminbird! I'm not "bashing" Lowrance, I'm just stating what I'm seeing! As another example, I was looking thru the boats for sale section yesterday ( newer Ranger) and the vast majority of them had a MinnKota trolling motor! It's all about technology!

John

John

3. Member
    HB units use “Fish ID” which displays fish based of signal returns from the air bladder of the fish. It’s likely this is how it works on other brands as well, including Lowrance.

4. Member
    Fish ID is a 2D feature, FishReveal is a DS feature

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasch View Post
    Fish ID is a 2D feature, FishReveal is a DS feature
    Ah, didn’t know that. I really like the latest version of Lowrance’s DS. How are fish “revealed” on the DS screen? They are not replaced by fish icons in different colors as with HB 2D so I’m unsure how this works.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    They just overlay the sonar on downscan screen....same thing as downscan overlay on sonar....

7. Member
    Hmmm. If you already see the fish on the 2D sonar, what’s the advantage of overlaying this info on the DS screen? Just wondering.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Just to keep people "interested" in their products.....only "advantage" is you can keep it on the down scan view and see fish archs instead of dots....

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Hmmm. If you already see the fish on the 2D sonar, what’s the advantage of overlaying this info on the DS screen? Just wondering.
    It gives you the detail of the bottom structure of Downscan while giving you a much sharper image of the fish in the water column. Isn't that obvious?

10. Member
    Not much different then down scan overlay on 2d sonar if you ask me.. Just more hype so people will think they are missing out if they don't upgrade to the latest stuff.

11. Member
    So if you turn down the sensitivity on the 2D sonar, do the fish revel arches on the DownScan fade out?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mak747 View Post
    So if you turn down the sensitivity on the 2D sonar, do the fish revel arches on the DownScan fade out?
    havent tried it on the 2d settings, but if you turn down the sensitivity on the Fish reveal, the arches and Fish disappear.

13. Member
    Fishin--- in the top right pic, what is the solid yellow line just off the bottom, going up the slope?

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I think its part of the bottom return from 2d..........same as the other lines that show up in the other images on downscan......

15. Scraps
    I'm in the disappointed camp with fish reveal. Fell short of the hype.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

16. Member
    Guess we need a software that converts that air bladder into a fish icon to help separate the wheat from the chafe.
    lowrance working on that?
    john

17. Member
    could the solid line be due to slight difference in transducer position on boat?
    my 2d is a thruhull nav the back of boat, my DS is the ss3d on backplate,2-4 ft behind.plus the cone is slightly different.
    john