Question Spare tire mount

Ok guys I’m tired of hauling my spare around in back of my Expedition whenever I head to the lake.
    It’s a 2010 Z7 single axle trailer so I’m looking at mounting it on the side with an aftermarket mount but I’m not sure exactly where to put it on the side so I don’t hit it loading in a crosswind or current or having kid load it.
    If anybody has any pictures they could share or some recommendations for what brand mount works the best I would really appreciate it.
    TIA
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

I can’t imagine why it would be any different than my trailer. I mounted it right in front of the front cross member on the trailer. I purchased mine from BPS, simple cross bolts and the tire mount. Only thing I did was add shrink tube to the cross bolts to help protect the trailer a little more. Been there for about three years now, no problems. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

I can’t imagine why it would be any different than my trailer. I mounted it right in front of the front cross member on the trailer. I purchased mine from BPS, simple cross bolts and the tire mount. Only thing I did was add shrink tube to the cross bolts to help protect the trailer a little more. Been there for about three years now, no problems. Hope this helps.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Mines in the same place as nailbender been there 2 years with no problems at all never touched it when loading

5. Member

Mine is secure here. I'm happy with it got mount from Amazon
    2010 Z-7 Mercury 150 Optimax,
    Keel guard, pro trim,
    Humminbird Electronics
    Western Mass.

6. Member
    Thanks guys. I’m gonna go with the mount in the same place, most likely the one that’s on the Amazon site that I’ve seen. Then like y’all I’m gonna get a good cover and a lock.
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

7. Member
    Which exact one from amazon are you looking at.?

thanks