Lake Choice Help

So I’ve been busy at work so I decided to head somewhere this weekend. Love in Florida but kind of want to get away from it all lol. Was thinking Guntersville, Murray, Santee Cooper, Seminole, or Eufaula (Walter f George).

Gville i I have been to multiple time and will be going back to in October. The rest I have only heard of and dreamt about.

Thanks everyone. One way or the other the kitty will be swimming this weekend.

2. Member
    It's funny you posted this when you did. I told my wife over the weekend I want to fish somewhere different, other then Florida. Of the list you posted I say Seminole or Eufaula. One of my bucket list lakes is Lake Guntersville, but you stated you already fished it multiple times. I say go somewhere new. Another one of my bucket list lakes would be to smallmouth Lake Erie, however I won't be towing my Cat from Ocala FL up there.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    Haha nice. I was also thinking orange lake. Right now I’m leaning toward Seminole. Not to far but still a good drive and it should be fun.

Gville is an awsome place. The bar is alway fun when we go down there and it is in the lake so that’s a big plus. Good times there.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atta View Post
    So I’ve been busy at work so I decided to head somewhere this weekend. Love in Florida but kind of want to get away from it all lol. Was thinking Guntersville, Murray, Santee Cooper, Seminole, or Eufaula (Walter f George).

Gville i I have been to multiple time and will be going back to in October. The rest I have only heard of and dreamt about.

Thanks everyone. One way or the other the kitty will be swimming this weekend.
    Don’t know much about Seminole in summer but I would imagine it’s all morning or evening topwater.

Eufaula will be offshore ledge/hump fishing...feast or famine. Maybe some am frog fishing for bites.
    My old man fished Eufaula for forty plus years. A day could mean one hit or the school of dreams. He once had a six fish stringer during a tourney in early August that weighed 43 lbs and change(7 fish limit)... and the BIG fish broke him off.... so Eufaula could go either way.

That said, there isn’t a lake in the Southeast I would take over it during mid summer, unless you were talking night fishing
    Last edited by AUTimbo; 07-31-2018 at 02:10 PM.

5. Member
    Ended up fishing lake Seminole on the FL/GA line sat sun and this morning. Had a guide ride with me Saturday who did a great job of breaking the lake down for me. We took my boat during the trip so he could put trails on there for me since the lake has some massive stump flats and loads of stumps outside the channel. Saturday I caught a 6.5, some 3’s, and my wife landed another 4 fish on a buzz bait which is her favorite. The previous rains caught up as the lake got muddier each day we were there. Yesterday we left Seminole and went down to Lake Talquin for a few hours. Nice lake but we didn’t get any bites. This morning the fish had lock jaw so i decided to leave early and head back towards home. 3.5 hours later I stopped at Orange Lake in Gainesville for a few hours of fishing. Within 10 mins I had my first fish in the boat. Few mins later a giant mud fish. Within 45 mins of getting in the water I set the hook on my new PB, 9.47 pound, flippin pads!! Now the boat is back in the garage and ready for Lake Toho in the morning for 1 more day on the water!!! Thanks for the help on lake choices guys. Oh and I was headed for Eufala but the water coming into “the hootch” was red mud so I figured that was a bad idea. 6.5 pounds in GA and new on of 9.5 pounds is a pretty damn good weekend!!

6. Member
    PS, the guide has an 08 skeeter I class. He was extremely impressed with my Eyra and continued to say “boy this boat can run how fast was we going there. Low to mid 70’s with 3 people and loaded down was a shock to him :) nice guy and did a great job. If you ever go to lake Seminole just shoot me a Pm and I’ll pass his info along to ya.

7. Member
    I might of seen u on I-75 around 5:40 just north on the turnpike. I was on my way home from work. Silver, red and black Eyra.. if so sweet Bass Cat oh and congrats on the personal best. I need to goes to Orange Lake since it's 35 minutes from the house.
    Brad Krone

8. Member
    I was just about to the turnpike then. If it had a white cap and a all black dodge pulling then that was me!! Head up there and fish hydrilla and scattered pads. Was a short trip to orange but well worth it!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atta View Post
    I was just about to the turnpike then. If it had a white cap and a all black dodge pulling then that was me!! Head up there and fish hydrilla and scattered pads. Was a short trip to orange but well worth it!!
    Thanks for the info. I just may go there Saturday
    Brad Krone

10. Member
    Shoot me a PM later in the week and I’ll drop you some info