Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    I always take laxatives the day before to shed a few extra pounds. My tournament load consist of a roll of toilet paper too. We better add that weight

Quote Originally Posted by 21xdc95bullet View Post
    I always take laxatives the day before to shed a few extra pounds. My tournament load consist of a roll of toilet paper too. We better add that weight
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rex1 View Post
    Next, we will count the bottles of water that's in the boats. No matter what
    you have or how fast it runs, someone else is faster.
    Still not as fast as an old ranger!
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by 21xdc95bullet View Post

One of my boats has a shi....errrr. i mean trash can
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

5. Member
    I have a 2019 21 XRS with new 250 PRO XS V8 I have about 22 hours on it so far. I have been pioneering the setup with the engine itself with not much knowledgeable help anywhere out there ... there has been several hurdles now I am down to Propping and engine height setup.I am Testing weight distribution and various loads IE. livewells full (apx 45 Gallons) vs empty.. passenger ( 160-200lbs) or alone ( 215lbs) . With 36 v trolling motor I am running four batteries... medium to heavy fishing tackle load- full fuel tank ( 35 gallons ) Running 28 Bravo 1 xs stock out of box. 80 to 83 mph- alone-77 to 79 mph with livewells full -76 to 78 mph with livewells and passenger. still working on total setup and I dont have alot of props to choose from. I have tested 27 Trophy 82 mph with holeshot issues getting it too bite and hold- and 29 Tempest 84.9 mph has too wind up for .5 to .75 miles to obtain that speed. Holeshot Acceleration Midrange and Topend its got it all. Overall ride and control is hard to even describe how awsome it is. So far Mercury got it right BIGTIME !!!! and the 21 XRS is just saying bring it on!!! I truly think with super light load and right setup it could be a 90 mph boat with the 250 hp if somebody is just looking for speed. I am a tournament fisherman but I love to go fast too and it will. If you have questions I ll be happy to reply and update my testing in detail.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KLove View Post
    I have a 2019 21 XRS with new 250 PRO XS V8 I have about 22 hours on it so far. I have been pioneering the setup with the engine itself with not much knowledgeable help anywhere out there ... there has been several hurdles now I am down to Propping and engine height setup.I am Testing weight distribution and various loads IE. livewells full (apx 45 Gallons) vs empty.. passenger ( 160-200lbs) or alone ( 215lbs) . With 36 v trolling motor I am running four batteries... medium to heavy fishing tackle load- full fuel tank ( 35 gallons ) Running 28 Bravo 1 xs stock out of box. 80 to 83 mph- alone-77 to 79 mph with livewells full -76 to 78 mph with livewells and passenger. still working on total setup and I dont have alot of props to choose from. I have tested 27 Trophy 82 mph with holeshot issues getting it too bite and hold- and 29 Tempest 84.9 mph has too wind up for .5 to .75 miles to obtain that speed. Holeshot Acceleration Midrange and Topend its got it all. Overall ride and control is hard to even describe how awsome it is. So far Mercury got it right BIGTIME !!!! and the 21 XRS is just saying bring it on!!! I truly think with super light load and right setup it could be a 90 mph boat with the 250 hp if somebody is just looking for speed. I am a tournament fisherman but I love to go fast too and it will. If you have questions I ll be happy to reply and update my testing in detail.
    Speed seems to be no different than the 250 Pro XS 2 stroke but like you said, I'm sure the torque and mid range is night and day!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Speed seems to be no different than the 250 Pro XS 2 stroke but like you said, I'm sure the torque and mid range is night and day!
    He is running better than my 21xrd/250. I would be lucky to break 80 solo and loaded.

8. Member
    The top speed with the new 4 stroke 250 hp is not really any different than the top speed of the 250 HP Optimax 2 stroke...both are around 270 HP. The new 4 stroke does have a better holeshot and mid range than the old Optimax motors. The 300R is a stronger motor than the old 300XS, better holeshot, mid range and topend.

9. Member
    There are facts....and there is alot of fantasy....this thread reminds me of looking through a wish book at Christmas time!!!!! js
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

10. Member
    Wow

11. Member
    I have ridden on several diffwewnt occasions in this boat it is a unbeleiveable ride hole shotand mid range will plant you in the seat increadible boatifi had notjust bought a new skeeter might have to look atone ridesgreat fishes greatlike the way the storage is laid out only problem i have is a little fat and gettingout of the seats sincethey are so low

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSmile View Post
    Don't have much info on it as of yet, the boat is at Waters Edge Marine in Iowa, I believe it is the owners boat. They are pretty busy selling/rigging boats so I think it has taken the back burner for a bit. It was susposed to have a 250 xs on it but they postponed the order to get a 250R on it. The boat is a 2018. Sorry to get everyones hopes up too much, the picture was enough to hold me over for at least a little bit!
    I'm going there this week or next to pick up a new boat. I hope they got that thing there!

13. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    That boat ran 103 with a 34 5 blade cnc cleaver at 2.25 above the pad!

And I'll bet it was with the 1.75 gears!!! If I had to get a new motor it would be with the 1.75 gears and never look back. I've had 1.75's on a 250 XS and now 1.62's on a 300XS and I wish I'd of stayed with 1.75's. In fact, I bought a new used 1.75 case and plan on propping it with my motor. I gave it a test drive right after I bought it and all I can say is HOLY SHIT!!! I may be a MPH or 2 short but WTF do I care with acceleration and hole
    Last edited by AllyFishing; 08-15-2018 at 05:30 AM.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

If the prop is right it shouldn’t matter if it’s 1:62 or 1:75 imo. But it’s easier to find props for 1:62
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Bling View Post
    If the prop is right it shouldn’t matter if it’s 1:62 or 1:75 imo. But it’s easier to find props for 1:62
    The 300xs has more exhaust relieved so that makes the holeshot a little slower than the 250 gear for gear.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    I'm going there this week or next to pick up a new boat. I hope they got that thing there!
    What boat are you getting????
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post

It's still there I believe. These pics are from their FB page. Pretty cool rig. Definitely ask one of the salesmen if you can take a peak!
    Attached Images Attached Images

18. Member
    I just can't get use to the looks of the new motor, sweet boat though

19. Member
    I would really like to spend sometime with a 21SST.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    I just can't get use to the looks of the new motor, sweet boat though
    I think Bullet is the boat it looks best on as it matches the sharp edges/lines.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast