Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    A guy named Woody on Allison board ran 90 mph with a 250R on a 21xb xst. From what I’ve read the xb21 and SST run similar numbers. Maybe the SST is 2 mph faster, the SS being a little faster than SST

so I bet the SST 250r runs 90 92 *with a standard store bought prop*

on the SS I bet the 250r runs 93 94 * with a standard store bought prop*

real world numbers probably 85 84 loaded SST, SS 85 87 * one person cool temps

2 people summertime SST 82 83, SS 83 84, Real world average driver numbers
    Your numbers are off a smidge.....Woodys boat was loaded to fish with full fuel.....not striped down for a top end number as your Bullet numbers suggest

Show me a stock weight 21ss with 250 running 93-94 with a tournament load and full fuel in 100 degree air.......
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

I really don't want to be a negative person about the subject but i do have a question..... The fact the the motor had to be so high on the 103 pass concerns me... Is it because the new lower unit is fatter and it has to be that far out of the water to get speed? Seems like if its that high, it might be hard to carry any kind of load without scrubbing a lot of speed.... It almost makes me feel like the old 3.0 lower would be faster.... I'm not a tournament fisherman so I usually run my boat on the lighter side. My 225 sport xs runs 80 the way yhe boat is loaded now. Just hope I won't be dissappointed if I spend the big bucks to upgrade...Someone please correct me if I'm way off base here...

3. Member
    If I'm not mistaken the reason for running higher with the 4 stroke sportmaster is becasue the water inlets are farther back on the cone. That allows you to run higher and maintain water pressure. Usually with a stripped down boat for a top end number you run the motor as high as you can and still maintain water pressure because the empty boat is so easy to lift and you are trying to minimize drag as much as possible. I doubt that a loaded fishing boat is going to run that motor height, but the good news is that at a more normal height you should have great water pressure and you should be less likely to have issues like losing water pressure in turns.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Your numbers are off a smidge.....Woodys boat was loaded to fish with full fuel.....not striped down for a top end number as your Bullet numbers suggest

Show me a stock weight 21ss with 250 running 93-94 with a tournament load and full fuel in 100 degree air.......

What are trying to say. By the way I’m never wrong lol

5. Member
    The 21SS will out run a XB21 horse power to horsepower similar props.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    What are trying to say. By the way I’m never wrong lol
    I am saying real world numbers....not some fantasy land crap. You seem to forget that I own both boats. All I am saying is show me one with a true fishing load running 93-94 with a 250....

The four stroke sporty runs higher than the 3.0L sporty because the water inlets are further back. We ran the xb21 at 1.75" above and it drove and felt great with a tournament load at those heights. The 3.0L sporty will safely run at 3/4" to 1" above on the same boat with the same amount of setback. I see zero negatives with the extra height. I will say the XB21 did NOT like 2" above with a tournament load....but we did not strip it down and run for a top end only number either.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

7. Member
    I know of one 21SS that ran 98mph with 250 another 95mph. I also believe the new 250 will run a little faster than a 3.0 liter 250.

i know plenty of SS have ran 99mph with stock 300 merc. With trolling motor on. Don’t make me get one just to prove it.

na I’ll just install nitrous and a sporty on mine and out run everybody

8. BBC SPONSOR
    I know of one 21SS that ran 98mph with 250 another 95mph. I also believe the new 250 will run a little faster than a 3.0 liter 250.

i know plenty of SS have ran 99mph with stock 300 merc. With trolling motor on. Don’t make me get one just to prove it.

na I’ll just install nitrous and a sporty on mine and out run everybody
    LOL...i know those boats, and those numbers were not ran with a tournament load.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

9. Member
    Nobody saying tournament loaded. What is your definition of tournament loaded?

are you trying to say a tournament loaded xb21 will outrun a Bullet 21SS. I don’t think it will the xb would never catch the 21SS

Here we go again!

2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

are you trying to say a tournament loaded xb21 will outrun a Bullet 21SS. I don’t think it will the xb would never catch the 21SS
    “Loaded” is stuff tHat u would have for a typical tournament for me it’s about 225lbs of stuff that I think will catch fish(most of the time not) three batteries live wells 3/4 full 3/4 tank of gas 250lb partner
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

13. Member
    I run 4 batteries and a 90lbs chocolate lab + rods and equipment

14. Member
    Tournament load is such a loaded statement anymore.

15. Member
    I keep over 30 rods, 12 3700 plano trays, 2 smaller totes, 2 helmets, 2 sets of rain gear, tool box and spare prop all the time. Im too lazy to pull/put back in the boats so it stays.

16. Member
    My buddy I fish with carries a tackle store in his boat, one time he took out 50lbs of lead weights(bullet weights, shakey heads, etc) and still had more lead in the boat, that doesn't count the 24 rods and reels, and the rest of the stuff

17. BBC SPONSOR

Tournament load has been said from the beginning....all of our testing with the 250R was done with a tournament load and 36 gallons of gas.

My typical tournament load consists of 30+ rods, a crap load of tackle, rain gear, life jackets, spare prop, tools, extra gallon of oil, 36 gallons of gas, plus my partners 15 rods, and all of his crap.

I know what the 21ss will run, I know what the xb21 will run........I OWN BOTH BOATS.

I am not going down this road with you again.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

18. Member
    Next, we will count the bottles of water that's in the boats. No matter what
    you have or how fast it runs, someone else is faster.

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex1 View Post
    Next, we will count the bottles of water that's in the boats. No matter what
    you have or how fast it runs, someone else is faster.
    Exactly! Well said Mr Rex.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

Quote Originally Posted by Basswhippa View Post
    4 stroke is too heavy for a go fast boat. Ok for a fishing boat.
    Same weight as my 2015 250 pro xs https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...75-300-pro-xs/
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast