Heading Sensor for Drone integration

It looks like there is a requirement for a heading sensor to use the Drone app in addition to the Lighthouse software upgrade. Must require the orientation of the boat while it is not moving. Is there an alternative to the EV1 Core to achieve this? Seems like overkill to get a simple bit of information. I already have the SeaTalkng NEMA 2000 network in the boat.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    You can use a Lowrance heading indicator.

3. Member
    Would prefer to stay in the Raymarine family.

4. Member
    I don't think Raymarine makes a heading sensor smaller than the EV1. I am running a Point1 but I don't know anything about how that would work with the Drone app. It does a nice job with heading input to the MFD.

Most people shy away from the EV1 due to cost. I have seen several bass boats running the EV1 and also the Point1. If cost is one of the things shying you away from the EV1 I know that fishwest is selling a complete Raymarine system in the electronics forum he pulled out of a boat and one of the things he is selling is an EV1. It is not listed in items for sale but when I asked about what he was selling one of the pictures was of an EV1.

Just throwing it out to try an help.