Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

What electronics are you running?

Console and bow, and pros and cons, likes and dislikes. Worth the money ?

Lowrance Gen 2 Touch units. 9" at console, 7" at bow.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    Satisfied with them?

An old HDS-10 Gen 2 on the console and an HDS-7 Gen 3 on the front. Happy with both, and both are working well.

5. Member
    Birds all way around, helix 9si front and back with 360 mounted on the Terrova, Great setup for me and zero issues.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    Same here.

7. Member
    2 Gen2 touch 12's. Very happy with them.

8. Banned
    A Helix 10si at console,Helix 10di at console when trolling mostly for mapping,when jigging are casting I move it to bow.
    Pros:Able to network
    Cons:Not able to share maps just waypoints need the Solix to share maps and that's out of my price range
    Worth the money:I got good deals on both so I'm happy.Beats those 5" screens

9. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Thanks, keep them coming!

10. Member
    Garmin chirp 93sv w/GT52 at bow. I'm in a jon boat. I don't have a console. If I did, I would run another Garmin of some type.

11. Member
    Lowrance Elite 9Ti on console and 7Ti on bow. Still learning them a bit. My last one were Birds and ones before that were Lowrance. Guess I'm just gonna switch back and forth each time I buy LOL.

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    For the last several years i had Lowrance HDS units from the Gen 1 to Gen 3 along with the LSS 1 (bow) & LSS 2 (transom)......this year i have swapped over to Garmin and running the Echomap Plus 93sv with Panoptix on bow and UHD on rear.......i was able to see fish on both 2d and downscan on Lowrance and catch some.....this year I'm very eager to try the Panoptix on the Live Vu down and see what i can do.....

Here is a screen shot with downscan from several years ago while i was trolling....

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    Gen2 Touch 9 on both.
    Praying for a Cure

14. Member
    I have an Elite 7 and Elite 5 on bow. The Elite 5 is just for gps. I have Hummingbird 898 on console linked to Minnkota Powerdrive V2 with I pilot link.
    I love the spot lock for crappie fishing!

15. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    For the last several years i had Lowrance HDS units from the Gen 1 to Gen 3 along with the LSS 1 (bow) & LSS 2 (transom)......this year i have swapped over to Garmin and running the Echomap Plus 93sv with Panoptix on bow and UHD on rear.......i was able to see fish on both 2d and downscan on Lowrance and catch some.....this year I'm very eager to try the Panoptix on the Live Vu down and see what i can do.....

Here is a screen shot with downscan from several years ago while i was trolling....

If you are on facebook look up "josh Jones Professional Crappie Guide". He is out of Tulsa, Ok area and sponsored by garmin, Huckabee rods, Ardent reels, Bonehead and Beaver bottom baits. Insane fisherman. As of today he boated his 100th crappie over 2 pounds for the year. He will tell you it couldnt be done without his garmin livescope.

16. Member
    I have a hds9 gen2 and the bow and both hds9 gen2 and gen3 at the console. Also use a Sony underwater cam that patches into my gen3 to get a better idea of what size fish are in a school I'm fishing.

17. T Dub
    No electronics right now but need some desperately. What are the cheapest units that can be networked?

18. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    What are the cheapest units that can be networked?
    Networking and cheap somewhat dont go together....you dont give a budget so I'd say look at the Garmin Echomap Plus units or Lowrance Elite Ti units. Not a HB guy so dont know about those.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

19. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Networking and cheap somewhat dont go together....you dont give a budget so I'd say look at the Garmin Echomap Plus units or Lowrance Elite Ti units. Not a HB guy so dont know about those.
    I haven’t been in the electronics game at all so I’m almost clueless in every aspect, but I’ll catch up quickly. I was just curious which units could be networked that are low end. I want gps information to be shared on two units, but want that as cheap as possible. Brand does not really matter to me. I’ll check out echomap. Thanks

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    I haven’t been in the electronics game at all so I’m almost clueless in every aspect, but I’ll catch up quickly. I was just curious which units could be networked that are low end. I want gps information to be shared on two units, but want that as cheap as possible. Brand does not really matter to me. I’ll check out echomap. Thanks

If you haven't already done so you can go to each of the brands forums and pose your question to find out cost and performance of each brand. You are very fortunate in that you have no brand loyalty. Each of the major brands will have something you are looking for and one of them will surly be in the price your looking for. I am brand loyal but in reality i don't think any of them are heads and shoulders above the rest. Again since price is your only requirement for the features you want, you simply can't choose wrong with todays electronics. get the one that has what you want at the price you want, they will all be close. Check em all out and have fun!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast