Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

360 Imaging - Screenshots - What is it?

Please help, what am I seeing here, fish? rocks? stumps?

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Tree stumps with some rip rap and chunk rock?

3. Member
    I’ve always had a problems seeing objects with that color palette. I’ve always used 1,2,3and sometimes 4 when I’m chasing bait. However that color palette is good for finding hard bottom .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Tree stumps with some rip rap and chunk rock?
    It is VERY hard to make out, but looking at it long enough I can see where you coming from, I think you are right.

5. Member
    I run mine with contour mode on so I don’t see the water and I get a true distance to where things are. Like I said 1,2,3 and 4 are my favs.

6. Member
    Assuming you are asking about the orange?.....I would say it looks like hard bottom / rocks

7. Member
    I know what the various forms of interference look like on 2D and SI/DI but what does it look like on 360 imaging?

8. Member
    You get a pinwheel effect on the screen”lines”

Cross-talk with another 360 looks like this:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    I know what the various forms of interference look like on 2D and SI/DI but what does it look like on 360 imaging?
    I don't think the screenshots in my original post have interference, although it is very difficult to see what is going on either way.

11. Member
    For now, my opinion of the 360 is that when it comes to identifying structure / cover, 90% of the time it is very difficult to interpret, especially when out on the water in the elements.

But, and this is a BIG but, if I already know what is coming up because I can see it on my charts or have an old waypoint, I can make a very accurate cast due to the live range and heading of my target from the 360 display, independent of GPS signal / accuracy / repeatability / EPE.

It is a costly 'Casting Assistant', but an effective one I believe - if installed 100% correctly.

That is definitely not a good color pallet.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    That is definitely not a good color pallet.
    Not sure changing the color pallete would help with IDing what’s in those two pics.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Not sure changing the color pallete would help with IDing what’s in those two pics.
    It might. Thats why I stick with number 2. I can make out everything just fine.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

15. Member
    With all due respect I disagree with that . Color pallets has everything to do with it. In my humble opinion . That Pallette is good for finding hard bottom but not for seeing things on the bottom 1-4 would be a better choice depending on ambient light .

16. Member
    I don’t know how long you have be using yours but , you are 100% correct about using it as” situational awareness “.It’s nice to know where you are in relation to everything else since you can’t visually see it with your eyes. I don’t have a problem though interpreting it. I Fish a lake with a very hard bottom 85% of the lake is maxed out on the Hard side. I tend to keep my sensitivity really low to darken up the screen a little bit and run my contrast at 15 and get a pretty good picture with that 90% of the time even in a pretty good wind, with that said I do not get much chop though so it might be different in your circumstances .To me this thing has been an invaluable tool I will have one on my boat until they replace it with something better.

17. Member
    This is the best I can get, with help from you Wallace ...
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (99.8 KB, 331 views)

18. Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishton View Post
    For now, my opinion of the 360 is that when it comes to identifying structure / cover, 90% of the time it is very difficult to interpret, especially when out on the water in the elements.

But, and this is a BIG but, if I already know what is coming up because I can see it on my charts or have an old waypoint, I can make a very accurate cast due to the live range and heading of my target from the 360 display, independent of GPS signal / accuracy / repeatability / EPE.

It is a costly 'Casting Assistant', but an effective one I believe - if installed 100% correctly.
    Thats pretty much all im asking for once i get my 360 installed. Use gps to get in the ballpark of a waypoint and then use the 360 to really get in there and know where exactly to cast. Really dont care what the structure is, more so where it is. I think I'd rely more on 800 or Mega to ID what a piece of structure is. I agree with casting assistant

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMill View Post
    Thats pretty much all im asking for once i get my 360 installed. Use gps to get in the ballpark of a waypoint and then use the 360 to really get in there and know where exactly to cast. Really dont care what the structure is, more so where it is. I think I'd rely more on 800 or Mega to ID what a piece of structure is. I agree with casting assistant
    Yes, the side imaging mosaic is definitely a great chart to show me where to take the 360, and like you say, once it comes into range, use the 360 for cast distance and angle.

20. Member
    Looks good ! You can plainly see the rock piles and the small drops#7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast