Thread: Bimini Top pics

Bimini Top pics

Been out a few times with the family and it is nice.

About an hour to put it together and another hour to drill holes and install.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

2. Member
    Nice!

It's on my list to get installed before next Summer.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

by the way you can remove it in less than 2 minutes
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V

4. Banned
    What brand and what are the dimensions ? I've been wanting to do this for years. Looks really good

My next boat no matter what it ends up being is going to have one of those. Theres a guy with a youtube video of one on his z119 that looks perfect for a long day of scanning with the depth finder or trolling cranks.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    That looks really good, having moved further south (to southern VA) and with the heat this summer where I vacation in Canada, I have a new appreciation for a bimini top and my wife would love to have one. I also like the bass boat in the background of your photos towing in a disable boat. Boaters have to help each other out when on the water.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Can you get on plane and run with the bimini top deployed or is it not recommended to do so? Like tcesni said, the wife would really enjoy this. Thanks................
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

8. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammiew View Post
    Can you get on plane and run with the bimini top deployed or is it not recommended to do so? Like tcesni said, the wife would really enjoy this. Thanks................
    I'm sure OP will say but the guy on youtube with the same one said he can run about 35 with his up and no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammiew View Post
    Depends on several things, but the short answer is yes with considerations. First, you need your tether straps tight, and put a few twists in them. That will prevent them setting up a buzzing vibration in the wind. Mine (3 bow, Sunbrella fabric, aluminum tube) recommends 30 MPH or less. I have even let it get to upper 30's with no harm. But wind, especially gusty wind, is going to have to be considered in because 30 plus a 15 mph head on gust just might damage it.

11. Member
    This is not my boat but it's the top I have it's called the sport top.
    Last edited by born 2 fish; 07-31-2018 at 04:52 PM.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

Like Skeeterbait said, I've been up in the high 20's close to 30 with no issue, haven't tried over 30. It is the Sunbrella fabric used by several different manufacturers. Mine came from National Bimini Tops.
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V

13. Member
    Excel BayPro 203

Ordered the Carver Bimini from Coverquest in Aluminum with SS hardware, and a black Sunbrella top, $500 out the door with a 10% discount code. My Boat showed 85-90” wide, 72” long and 54” tall. I trimmed about 1.5” from each side for it to fit in between the gunnels.

Not sure I would order SS hardware again, the aluminum tubes cause most of the movement, and SS tubes are quite expensive.