90 hp 4 stroke problem

I have a Mercury 90hp 4 stroke (2013) on my pontoon took it out last week 1st day ran fine. 2nd day started running bad cutting out rough idle . Came home replace the fuel line/new plugs. Drained some gas can't see any water in the gas also checked both filter both good (replaced them last year) added a inline filter before the motor. I can start on hose pipe idle fine but as you give it gas to rev up the more it starts cutting out you go wide open it gets to about 3k rpm and will die with throttle wide open like it is running out of gas. The inline filter still showing gas. any idea I can check tomorrow.
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please review the Forum Announcements & Sticky Posts, and update your thread with the Required Info. Thanks!

Adding filters will only complicate the situation.

Do NOT rev the engine unless in the water, in gear (to prevent the potential for engine damage).

Suggest removing "extra" filter, and then checking engine IN THE WATER, in gear, to see if your original complaint is still there. Will be glad to assist further if necessary.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor