Thread: 1980 front deck

1980 front deck

Does anyone know the length
    of the front deck on a 1980?

2. Member
    Its gotta be about 9' at least. It holds 8' or 8'6 rods and the back of the rod storage is all the way to the
    step

3. Member
    Thanks, I can't wait until you get yours so we can all drive you crazy with questions!!
    There is still no word of a dealer in Ohio yet

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RH1 View Post
    Thanks, I can't wait until you get yours so we can all drive you crazy with questions!!
    hahaha, I don't mind questions. I can tell you the boat is much nicer in person and I'm SO GLAD I didn't pull the trigger on the RT198. The deck space on the 1980 is noticeably bigger and wider. The deck lids doesn't feel soft when you walk on them. I think the side rod locker hold's 7'10" rods as well

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    hahaha, I don't mind questions. I can tell you the boat is much nicer in person and I'm SO GLAD I didn't pull the trigger on the RT198. The deck space on the 1980 is noticeably bigger and wider. The deck lids doesn't feel soft when you walk on them. I think the side rod locker hold's 7'10" rods as well
    I'm going to be flying to san deigo if Ohio doesn't get a dealer soon.

6. Member
    I'm going to be flying to san deigo if Ohio doesn't get a dealer soon.
    San Diego doesn't have a dealer either. I had to fly to Phoenix to see boats at Complete Marine. They have 3 in stock for showing. The dealership is maybe 5 mins by taxi form the airport. super easy to get there and they will drive you back to the airport.

7. Member
    Here is length and width on front deck.

8. Member
    Perfect Thank you

9. Member
    This dealer in Frankfort Ky is going to start carrying Vexus. https://www.daysboatsales.com/ I went by this dealer a couple weeks ago when I was in TN, they are on KY Lake... Good guys https://www.malonesmarinesales.com/

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Machine View Post
    This dealer in Frankfort Ky is going to start carrying Vexus. https://www.daysboatsales.com/ I went by this dealer a couple weeks ago when I was in TN, they are on KY Lake... Good guys https://www.malonesmarinesales.com/
    Thanks for the info

There hoping for a dealership here in Ca. by the end of the year hopefully so I been told by there Rep.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvana View Post
    There hoping for a dealership here in Ca. by the end of the year hopefully so I been told by there Rep.
    Oh man I hope so. I'm looking at purchasing a new tin boat and this fits perfectly with what I was hoping for.

I have been looking at the Ranger RT198p also, but I just don't like the skinny front deck and small back compartments. This 1980 is perfect though, and can hold long 8'6" rods too!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc7 View Post
    Oh man I hope so. I'm looking at purchasing a new tin boat and this fits perfectly with what I was hoping for.

I have been looking at the Ranger RT198p also, but I just don't like the skinny front deck and small back compartments. This 1980 is perfect though, and can hold long 8'6" rods too!
    That's what happen to me. I had a deal on a slightly used ranger RT 198p but when I saw the AVX 1980, I changed direction. I flew to the dealership in Phoenix a couple weeks ago to look at them in person for the first time. I had already ordered one so seeing one in person was important. Oh crap, what a difference!!! I immediately felt better about my decision to not buy the RT198. I confirmed my order and made 1 small change and now I'm just waiting for her to show up. I was at the dealership maybe 2 hrs and saw 8 to 10 people that did the same thing I did. They all travelled there to look at them. They are more impressive in person.

14. Member
    That's what happen to me. I had a deal on a slightly used ranger RT 198p but when I saw the AVX 1980, I changed direction. I flew to the dealership in Phoenix a couple weeks ago to look at them in person for the first time. I had already ordered one so seeing one in person was important. Oh crap, what a difference!!! I immediately felt better about my decision to not buy the RT198. I confirmed my order and made 1 small change and now I'm just waiting for her to show up. I was at the dealership maybe 2 hrs and saw 8 to 10 people that did the same thing I did. They all travelled there to look at them. They are more impressive in person.
    That's what I like to hear. I was at a boat dealer last month and took a look at the RT 198p and was pretty impressed, but I do want to see the AVX 1980 in person as well.

I'm curious though. What's the price difference between the RT 198 and the AVX 1980? Is it a huge margin? I'm definitely leaning towards the AVX 1980 but just want to make sure the price difference isn't substantial.

15. Banned
    what kind of money are we talkin

16. Member
    I think the base starting prices are very close. Maybe 2k I think. The VeXus starts at about 32k and the RT is right at 30k at least in SoCal. However, the fit and finish quality of the VeXus stood out to me immediately and I was in love with the RT 198 when I first saw it. Not anymore!!! Lol. The other thing that really stood out was how much more room the deck has and the larger storage boxes. BIG difference. I think the RT198p will fit inside the AVX 1980. The overall prices depends on the options you add to your boat. Mine is coming fully loaded.
    Last edited by Desertdog619; 08-12-2018 at 09:01 PM.

17. Member
    I think the base starting prices are very close. Maybe 2k I think. The VeXus starts at about 32k and the RT is right at 30k at least in SoCal. However, the fit and finish quality of the VeXus stood out to me immediately and I was in love with the RT 198 when I first saw it. Not anymore!!! Lol. The other thing that really stood out was how much more room the deck has and the larger storage boxes. BIG difference. I think the RT198p will fit inside the AVX 1980. The overall prices depends on the options you add to your boat. Mine is coming fully loaded.
    What did you get with it? And how much will it be out the door? I'm trying to get a feel for the price so I can get the final thumbs up from the wife.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc7 View Post
    What did you get with it? And how much will it be out the door? I'm trying to get a feel for the price so I can get the final thumbs up from the wife.
    I got the Victor package, tilt steering, blinker trims, hydraulic Jack plate, center storage box, Utrex TM, 2 helix10 mega’s, hot foot. PM me for OTD