Spare tire hold down

Ok I bought a new to me boat and on the front of trailer under the bow is where tire lays on 3 pieces of medal but he has a ratchet strap holding spare on want to fix it correctly can someone point me in the right direction.
    2005 champion 196 oh what a ride

Use a J-bolt with washers and/or lug type nut.
    G3 HP180
    Yamaha 115 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by rodney_h View Post
    Use a J-bolt with washers and/or lug type nut.
    ... make that a locking type nut.

Yeah, they sell galvanized J bolts and a locking device for them. Use your google fu
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member

2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

7. Member
    +1 on j-bolt and lug nut. Other thing I would add is get a safety coated cable with two closed looped ends and a waterproof lock. will keep spare tire from getting stolen...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by javelin90 View Post
    +1 on j-bolt and lug nut. Other thing I would add is get a safety coated cable with two closed looped ends and a waterproof lock. will keep spare tire from getting stolen...
    cable will also save your spare from coming out of the storage area if that J-bolt ever breaks (had my J Bolt snap once, going down the highway and rim/tire went bouncing under the boat, scared the life out of me.)