Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AS 360 TM Not working anymore...

Cant figure out why 360 won't work anymore. Recently I get a message that says "360 sonar source not found. turn off (yes or no)". In the network source setup on the 999ci HD the 360 is grayed out.

My setup is: 999ci HD which is at the bow and the 360 antenna/compass is plugged into that. I checked power to the 360 via my rocker switch and that is good 12.7 i think it was. I have the 360 hooked up to my ethernet switch.

I also have a 998c combo at the helm that is hooked into the network switch if that helps in trouble shooting in any way.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

DJ
    2013 Skeeter 21i - 250 SHO

2. Member
    Check fuse and make sure you are getting power to the 360 would be where I would start first.

3. Member
    I’m having the same problem only mine will work fine for the first 1.5 hrs I’m out fishing then it just quits. Screen pops up saying 360 source not found.
    2017 Phoenix 921 PHX - 250 ProXS
    Mathew 6:34

When you loose the 360, check the SYSTEM STATUS menu to see if there is an IP address shown.

Then go to the Accessory Test view to see if the 360 is recognized.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Will do ... I’m thinking i am losing power to the 360. I’m going to try and run a power cord from the battery to the 360 and put an inline fuse to see if that solves my problem.
    2017 Phoenix 921 PHX - 250 ProXS
    Mathew 6:34

6. Member
    Check the black network box

7. Member
    Mine is at HB right now. I’ll let you know what the verdict is when I hear.

8. Member
    Mine just did the same thing. Was working fine last time I went out. Next time it would not find it. Got home checked power and evwrything was good. Turn on 360 and can usually hold my hand on the pod and can feel it rotate on start up, can no longer feel it. Getting ready to ship mine out.

9. Member
    Yup. I’m done. I have purchased 2 tm 360s. The first leaked oil after the warranty expired. Instead of paying for the repair and waiting for shipping, I bought a new one. Now mine is not powering on. I took it off the boat. It’s sitting in the garage with the other one. These things Have too many issues to deal with. Better reliability should be the #1 concern over new product development.

10. Member
    So got the cryptic email that the repair is done. Called HB to get the details and all they could tell me was that they replaced the pod. No specifics... just "replaced pod".

~$300 all said and done.

DJ

11. Member
    good luck. I hope it works for you.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeeater View Post
    good luck. I hope it works for you.
    Thanks!!

13. Member
    So looks like they sent me a new Pod. I assume everything’s new in it.

Question: the old one used to show up as FEAF on the network. This one shows up as A51C. Anyone know if there is a difference?

thanks!

14. Member

Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    When you loose the 360, check the SYSTEM STATUS menu to see if there is an IP address shown.

Then go to the Accessory Test view to see if the 360 is recognized.
    Is here any resolution to this issue? It seems to be a common problem. Every call to Tech Support goes exactly the same....verify 12v to the 360. We have ran straight power to the 360 with the same result. We run 4 HB Helix units. I am assuming if i have a power problem it would show on one of them. Using Group 31 AGM batteries. Its like this 360 disappears. When it says source not found, its not even in the network tab anymore. This 360 is less than 3 months old. All of my Helix's were new in December. So im guessing that my software versions are up to date.
    Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by daddydavex2 View Post
    Is here any resolution to this issue? It seems to be a common problem. Every call to Tech Support goes exactly the same....verify 12v to the 360. We have ran straight power to the 360 with the same result. We run 4 HB Helix units. I am assuming if i have a power problem it would show on one of them. Using Group 31 AGM batteries. Its like this 360 disappears. When it says source not found, its not even in the network tab anymore. This 360 is less than 3 months old. All of my Helix's were new in December. So im guessing that my software versions are up to date.
    Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
    The only way to know what your software is, check the version in the SYSTEM STATUS view. There has been two updates this year so far.
    You don't know how long it has been since the unit was made and in a dealer's stock before you got them.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    I just checked available updates for my Helix's and the 360. Nothing pertenant to the 360. The last update for the 360 was in 2014. Before the 360 was installed, everything worked flawlessly. Now, I have a $1000 transducer that just refuses to work right. Extremely aggravating. Starting to get very disappointed with HB.

17. Member
    I have the same exact situation 2 tm 360s in the garage that happen just like you stated.

18. Member
    This thread has me reconsidering whether to get a 360. That is for certain!
    Helix 10 Mega Chirp SI G2N
    Terrova ipilot link & 360
    14 foot jon boat
    2016 Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke

19. Member
    There have been many that have hooked theirs up and had zero problems. There has also been many that have had the exact problem i'm having. You would think there is a solution here somewhere. I'm tired of tech support telling me to verify power. Not everybody is an idiot.

Helix 12 Mega
    Helix 10 Mega
    Ulterra IPilot Link
    2017 Phoenix 921PHX
    MERC 250ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by daddydavex2 View Post
    There have been many that have hooked theirs up and had zero problems. There has also been many that have had the exact problem i'm having. You would think there is a solution here somewhere. I'm tired of tech support telling me to verify power. Not everybody is an idiot.

Helix 12 Mega
    Helix 10 Mega
    Ulterra IPilot Link
    2017 Phoenix 921PHX
    MERC 250ProXS
    Have you sent it to Humminbird for them to check?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast