Thread: Bruce Lietzke

Bruce Lietzke

For you that knew him, Bruce passed away today from brain cancer, what a great loss to golf and a good fisherman too, from a fellow old Okie RIP my old friend

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    For you that knew him, Bruce passed away today from brain cancer, what a great loss to golf and a good fisherman too, from a fellow old Okie RIP my old friend
    Bruce was his own man on the Golf tour and a great golfer. I enjoyed stories about him. I did not know him but I wish I did.
    My favorite was his caddy putting a banana in his Golf bag at the end of the season and months later at their first tournament the caddy pulls the banana out of the bag. Proof that Bruce did not practice once the many months off. I wish I was half as good as he was.

3. Member
    He lived on Grand Lake for along time, when I was little, my dad and I were fishing at Grand, Bruce pulled up and ask if we were going to fish this bank we were on, and knowing he liked to bass fish, I told him we caught a few out of so bushes that were off a hump. He goes over to them, catches a few comes back and says thanks, saw him a few years later at Southern Hills in Tulsa, first thing he ask me was if I'd been catching any fish, great guy and will be missed

4. Fishing is a Passion
    He will be missed
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

5. Member
    Also goes without saying live every day to it's fullest, went to the doctor thinking he was pretty healthy, you just never know

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    He was an amazing golfer. To be able to accomplish what he did and not practice much is amazing.