Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    I said the exact same thing until I spent some time in the XB21. The stability pods on the XB21 make it much more stable at rest. The storage is dry and much bigger. The ride of the XB21 is second to none.

There is no denying that the old school Bullet stripes are clean, beautiful, and just overall dang good looking. And Bullet makes a great boat as well.

If i could not run an XB21, I would run a 21XRD. I spent 15 years in the 21X platform and have owned everything from a 20xrd Comp to the 21X/SS. My current 21SS is a lighter all kevlar boat.
    Tim did you own a XRS? I hear they ride better than a old school x boat so I am told ... I hear alot "fishes better" that is 100% opinion not a fact , I been hearing that crap for years about boats ,rods,reels,lures I even bought rods ect over hype on how great they "FISHED" and hated them , people should not pay to much attention to opinions cause they might not think the same way everbody likes something different.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by traybird View Post
    Allison fishes better and is more stable.
    Blasphemy!!!! How dare you say such!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Tim did you own a XRS? I hear they ride better than a old school x boat so I am told ... I hear alot "fishes better" that is 100% opinion not a fact , I been hearing that crap for years about boats ,rods,reels,lures I even bought rods ect over hype on how great they "FISHED" and hated them , people should not pay to much attention to opinions cause they might not think the same way everbody likes something different.
    Al, I skipped the XRS. I have rode, drove, and fished from them though. If I had to choose between the the X, XRS, SS, SST....I would pick the X, XRD to be more specific, every time.

I love the classic stripes and its a proven platform. I do wish and have begged for some updates over the years. I would like to see the compartment sealing changed and the back deck lids be recessed....other than that, its just fine the way it is.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

4. Member
    Tim what is it about the XRS that would make you not choose it over an X boat ? I loved the 21xd fantastic floor space ,deck space,ride , I was lucky my compartments never leaked water , but in all that I would think you get all that and more with the XRS ? As far as the classic stripes I saw a few schemes that can look similar but your right the classic stripes look the best. Not sure why Bullet could not just tape up the stripes the way you want and just charge you ? That sours me cause they could if they wanted to.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    I’ve been eying an Allison for a while now and just recently saw a 21xrs in person - it’s a beautiful boat!

For you guys that know both boats:

1) How does the rough water ride compare? I’m in North Texas on big lakes and this is the single most important factor for me. I know the Allison is a good rough water boat.
    2) How hard is the Bullet to drive above 70? I’ve had a BCB Eyra that would run 80 or so and it was a handful at times, so I’m used to at least running high 70s comfortably. I see the Bullet guys pass me going low 80s and they don’t seem to be struggling to keep it on pad.
    3) Build quality?

I like the storage in the XRS but like dual consoles too. Any thoughts?

Thanks -
    1) The XRS does great in rough water. It's noticeably better than the X boats that I've had. I think the console being a little more forward and the new style seats make allot of difference. It's also just a little heavier so I'm sure that helps. I was blown away when I first got my XRS on how smooth it rode. I owned a 21RDC and 21XD before I bought the XRS
    I do have to give the nod to the bass sport. I didn't think so at first but once I got use to what motor height and trim it wanted I was surprised on how fast I could blast through some of the stuff. It's got a different feel than the bullet so it does take a little getting use to. With that being said they both ride great so either way you're going to be happy.

2) Neither one of the boats are hard to drive once you get use to them. They both handle different and require a little bit different input to keep them on pad at speed. But with some seat time it's not an issue with either.

3)As far as build quality all of the bullets I've had have been excellent. The only problems I've ever had with any of the bullets is the compartment trim on the x series coming apart. Bullet builds a great boat.
    I've not had this Allison but a few months so I can't comment on how it holds up but I pretty sure it's not going to be a problem. They build a great boat and fit and finish is also great. I also have a 1990 model Allison that looks like it's only a few years old and not one single stress crack so I know they hold up great over the years.

They both are great boats so you won't be disappointed in either one you choose. If you like the layout of the xrs and want dual consoles get the 21SDC

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Tim what is it about the XRS that would make you not choose it over an X boat ? I loved the 21xd fantastic floor space ,deck space,ride , I was lucky my compartments never leaked water , but in all that I would think you get all that and more with the XRS ? As far as the classic stripes I saw a few schemes that can look similar but your right the classic stripes look the best. Not sure why Bullet could not just tape up the stripes the way you want and just charge you ? That sours me cause they could if they wanted to.
    AV I've had both and if I had to choose tomorrow between the two I would go with the XRS. The x boat is a little faster and to me looks a little better but the updates to the layout and compartments on the xrs is much better than the X boats. The conlole is a little taller and wider offering a little better wind protection than the x boats. Also the rear deck is a HUGE improvement. The only thing I didn't like about my xrs was the speed and I think allot of that has to do with the 2013 and up mercury's. Not all but some.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wayne View Post
    1) The XRS does great in rough water. It's noticeably better than the X boats that I've had. I think the console being a little more forward and the new style seats make allot of difference. It's also just a little heavier so I'm sure that helps. I was blown away when I first got my XRS on how smooth it rode. I owned a 21RDC and 21XD before I bought the XRS
    I do have to give the nod to the bass sport. I didn't think so at first but once I got use to what motor height and trim it wanted I was surprised on how fast I could blast through some of the stuff. It's got a different feel than the bullet so it does take a little getting use to. With that being said they both ride great so either way you're going to be happy.

2) Neither one of the boats are hard to drive once you get use to them. They both handle different and require a little bit different input to keep them on pad at speed. But with some seat time it's not an issue with either.

3)As far as build quality all of the bullets I've had have been excellent. The only problems I've ever had with any of the bullets is the compartment trim on the x series coming apart. Bullet builds a great boat.
    I've not had this Allison but a few months so I can't comment on how it holds up but I pretty sure it's not going to be a problem. They build a great boat and fit and finish is also great. I also have a 1990 model Allison that looks like it's only a few years old and not one single stress crack so I know they hold up great over the years.

They both are great boats so you won't be disappointed in either one you choose. If you like the layout of the xrs and want dual consoles get the 21SDC
    Really great info - thank you

8. Member
    I'd like to see some updates on the consoles of the Bullets. To be able to flush mount some electronics. Its been the same console since noah's ark. Great boats though. Spent a lot of time in them.

9. Member
    I have no Bullet experience but love my allison. Super stable and easy to drive if setup well and you know what it like and don’t like.. With correct motor height and load distribution almost zero input is needed above 80 or below 65. The 65-80 mph range is where the hull is transitioning to the pad and requires the most driver input. Just a heads up for the newbies out there...

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by droptine View Post
    I'd like to see some updates on the consoles of the Bullets. To be able to flush mount some electronics. Its been the same console since noah's ark. Great boats though. Spent a lot of time in them.
    Thats why I dont have a new one right now , I cant see why the console is not extended up to the tall windshield then the winshield sit flush against the console then you could flush mount with gauges below.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

11. Member

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clint21xd View Post

Looks good!!!!
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123