Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

21 XRS vs BasSport Pro

I’ve been eying an Allison for a while now and just recently saw a 21xrs in person - it’s a beautiful boat!

For you guys that know both boats:

1) How does the rough water ride compare? I’m in North Texas on big lakes and this is the single most important factor for me. I know the Allison is a good rough water boat.
    2) How hard is the Bullet to drive above 70? I’ve had a BCB Eyra that would run 80 or so and it was a handful at times, so I’m used to at least running high 70s comfortably. I see the Bullet guys pass me going low 80s and they don’t seem to be struggling to keep it on pad.
    3) Build quality?

I like the storage in the XRS but like dual consoles too. Any thoughts?

Thanks -

2. Hagen
    1 the 21xrs is going to be the best riding boat bullet makes,
    2 as in any high performance hull it will take a little time for you to learn it, but after you do it is second nature, kinda like riding a bike. This learning curve can drastically be reduced by just riding with someone and getting some pointers.
    3 bullets build quality is second to none

Can't speak for the Allison because I have never been around one. With that being said I don't think I have ever heard of someone not satisfied with the 21xrs.
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

3. Member
    Thanks - any tendency of the nose to stuff in big waves?

Also, any of y’all have a pic of the deck with your rods out on it and strapped down? Curious to see how much room I have to stand in front of them. Unlike most, I'm not sold on a wide deck being the optimal fishing platform. I think a long deck is more important because it allows the rods to be positioned further back and out of the way.

4. Member
    Another thing - in pics I can’t see how many rods the center locker will hold. The locker on the passenger side has a an odd tube arrangement. Is there an open space between the tubes to put more rods?

5. Member
    I would say you need to find both boats and ride in them see witch one you like. I'm in central Texas north of Austin if you want to ride in my 21xrd not an xrs but it rides dang good.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

6. Member
    Thanks I definitely need to get in one. I’m in the DFW area so not to far away.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Thanks - any tendency of the nose to stuff in big waves?

Also, any of y’all have a pic of the deck with your rods out on it and strapped down? Curious to see how much room I have to stand in front of them. Unlike most, I'm not sold on a wide deck being the optimal fishing platform. I think a long deck is more important because it allows the rods to be positioned further back and out of the way.
    0 issues stuffing the nose and I've been in some pretty big water on Ray Roberts. My boat is an XD but it shouldn't be any different. My deck gets pretty narrow with several rods on it. I'd offer to take you out but I'm in the process of prepping to sell it. Starting wrap removal tomorrow.

8. Member
    Maybe not an issue but the Allison is very expensive and not saying it isn't worth it but you will spend.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

9. Member
    I have owned both and currently own 21 XRS. The Allison is better in every way. Rides better, fishes better, and it’s faster. The XRS is much easier to drive though. XRS is the prettier of the two if that matters..

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    I have owned both and currently own 21 XRS. The Allison is better in every way. Rides better, fishes better, and it’s faster. The XRS is much easier to drive though. XRS is the prettier of the two if that matters..
    Good info - yes that matters, and I agree, but the Allison is still a beauty in its own right. What is different in the rough water ride?

11. Member
    Landar is correct, but is it worth the difference in what you have to pay? Like Kyle08 said
    ride in both boats and then pick the one you will be happy with.

12. Member
    Thanks guys - I plan to find one I can take a ride in. Anyone know a dealer in north Texas? I went through their website and didn’t get a response.

13. Member
    I have a XRD you can ride in if you do not take Kyle up on his offer.
    I am close to Lake Fork. Sardis Marine sell Bullets over by Lake Fork.
    The XRD does not have the same deck lay out as the XRS but the ride is
    the same. Randy Oldfield guides out of Oak Ridge and his boat is a XRS.
    May want to book a trip with him to see how it rides and fishes. My ride
    well not cost you a guides fee but his will.

14. Member
    If you happen to be around Little Rock Ar. Your more than welcome to ride in my 2016 RDC

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex1 View Post
    I have a XRD you can ride in if you do not take Kyle up on his offer.
    I am close to Lake Fork. Sardis Marine sell Bullets over by Lake Fork.
    The XRD does not have the same deck lay out as the XRS but the ride is
    the same. Randy Oldfield guides out of Oak Ridge and his boat is a XRS.
    May want to book a trip with him to see how it rides and fishes. My ride
    well not cost you a guides fee but his will.
    http://www.sartinmarine.com/

16. Member
    I have video of my 21xrs going pretty good on Erie...about 1-2' waves in the wind. Message me your number and I'll text you video. Same day got caught in 6' waves with a north wind headed back to marina...thank god I was in a bullet and not a ranger. Only got wet twice in those waves. It was pretty badass but never want to do that crap again...haha...had a cheering gallery on the beach. Everyone was basically wondering what the hell I was thinking....haha...That part of my bucket list is complete!

17. Member
    Thanks guys for the ride offers - I need to go see Fork anyway so will try to get that way soon. Can’t wait to see one in person and get a feel for it.

18. Member
    The 21xb from what I’ve heard is the best bass boat period. Then the 21SS or SST would be second place.

the only bad thing about the Allison is it cost way to much to justify at $85k new loaded.

19. Member
    You said you like dual consoles so you should look at the SDC also. It's a dual console XRS.

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Fit, finish, storage, fishability, and ride quality of the XB-21 is second to none. Yes, it comes with a price tag, but the boat makes up for it.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast