Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenninr View Post
    You said you like dual consoles so you should look at the SDC also. It's a dual console XRS.
    I like dual consoles for co angler protection at 80 mph, and because they make the cover fit so much better. But looking at this boat, there seems to be a lot of handy storage in those two compartments in the step, and I hate to give that up. I wish more boats had the console tackle storage system the Sterling has.
    Last edited by blakesfav; 07-31-2018 at 12:42 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    The 21xb from what I’ve heard is the best bass boat period. Then the 21SS or SST would be second place.

the only bad thing about the Allison is it cost way to much to justify at $85k new loaded.
    The cost is not a whole lot more that most of the loaded out platforms out there now. Boat prices are off the charts the last two years. Sooner or later Mexico is going to make a really nice fiberglass rig for half the price and eat up a good piece of the market.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    I like dual consoles for co angler protection at 80 mph, and because they make the cover fit so much better. But looking at this boat, there seems to be a lot of handy storage in those two compartments in the step, and I hate to give that up. I wish more boats had the console tackle storage system the Sterling has.
    The SDC has one compartment between the consoles like the XRS but the second one is deleted with the passenger console.

I currently own both. Bullet is easier to drive at speed. Bullets fit and finish is second to Allison as is the ride. However that being said Bullet doesnt ride bad at all and does well in big waters. you can probably get 40 or so rod and reel combos in the middle storage of the Bullet. Any other questions you have you can call or text me at 409-779-1322. My Bullet hull is for sale and its a 2018.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by traybird View Post
    I currently own both. Bullet is easier to drive at speed. Bullets fit and finish is second to Allison as is the ride. However that being said Bullet doesnt ride bad at all and does well in big waters. you can probably get 40 or so rod and reel combos in the middle storage of the Bullet. Any other questions you have you can call or text me at 409-779-1322. My Bullet hull is for sale and its a 2018.
    When you say the Bullet is easier to drive at speed, what exactly do you mean by this?

It doesnt take as much driver input to keep it on pad.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by traybird View Post
    It doesnt take as much driver input to keep it on pad.
    What I figured, just wondering if it was something else. Fishability was mentioned as being better, do you think the same? I have an XRS, y'all are making me want to look at the Allison .... Dangit !!! I owned a 2002 bass sport pro but I know it's not even in the same ballpark as the XRS or the XB-21. I've never drove or been in a XB-21

8. Member
    Bullet for me!! Nothing else!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Bullet for me!! Nothing else!!
    I have to agree. Not discrediting the Allison, but I think the Bullet is a sexier and more beautiful boat. As far as fishibilty, I’ve fish from many different brands and I can’t see how the Allison is any better than a Bullet. With Bullets long decks (especially the 21’ models) and spacious compartments make it a dream to fish from. The finish on a Bullet is incredible. I’ve watched guys pass up dozens of boats to come over and compliment me on mine and it’s 10 yrs old. I do take pride in the care of mine though. I may be bias toward Bullets, can’t help it, just my opinion.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I have to agree. Not discrediting the Allison, but I think the Bullet is a sexier and more beautiful boat. As far as fishibilty, I’ve fish from many different brands and I can’t see how the Allison is any better than a Bullet. With Bullets long decks (especially the 21’ models) and spacious compartments make it a dream to fish from. The finish on a Bullet is incredible. I’ve watched guys pass up dozens of boats to come over and compliment me on mine and it’s 10 yrs old. I do take pride in the care of mine though. I may be bias toward Bullets, can’t help it, just my opinion.
    I’d agree with this. The Allison is very ugly. The Bullet well it don’t get any better!

11. Member
    I agree guys they are just beautiful boats. The shape and color patterns are dead on.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I said the exact same thing until I spent some time in the XB21. The stability pods on the XB21 make it much more stable at rest. The storage is dry and much bigger. The ride of the XB21 is second to none.

There is no denying that the old school Bullet stripes are clean, beautiful, and just overall dang good looking. And Bullet makes a great boat as well.

If i could not run an XB21, I would run a 21XRD. I spent 15 years in the 21X platform and have owned everything from a 20xrd Comp to the 21X/SS. My current 21SS is a lighter all kevlar boat.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

13. Member
    I have fished from both. A few years ago took measurements of both parked side by side at local dealers parking lot. Bullet 21xd has a bigger front deck and bigger back deck. The Ally also has a hood scoop in front of the motor taking up floor space on the back deck. I really don't see a difference in the way they fish. Ride I really don't see ally is better. I have felt stuff that I never would feel in my 21xd. Now this was not a bad ride just small stuff that we went over that I noticed that I don't even feel In the 21xd. The other thing I noticed was the sound. When hitting boat wakes and smaller waves the amount of noise from the hull. Almost like hitting the boat with a oar. Didn't really feel the wakes but definitely could hear it. The Ally has some very neat things that I like very unique stuff. I also like the rear storage boxes. I do like the center storage of the Bullet better. Do not like 2 batteries in the middle of the center storage on the ally. Wind protection is nice on the ally but 18" between consoles might be a little tight for some. The seats basically sitting on the floor might help with wind but a negative for some. Bullet still gets the nod in looks its just a sexier boat.
    All and all both boats are outstanding and built to last. Ally has nicer console and buttons ect. and lets not forget the crapper but does it have $20k worth of extras?
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    I have fished from both. A few years ago took measurements of both parked side by side at local dealers parking lot. Bullet 21xd has a bigger front deck and bigger back deck. The Ally also has a hood scoop in front of the motor taking up floor space on the back deck. I really don't see a difference in the way they fish. Ride I really don't see ally is better. I have felt stuff that I never would feel in my 21xd. Now this was not a bad ride just small stuff that we went over that I noticed that I don't even feel In the 21xd. The other thing I noticed was the sound. When hitting boat wakes and smaller waves the amount of noise from the hull. Almost like hitting the boat with a oar. Didn't really feel the wakes but definitely could hear it. The Ally has some very neat things that I like very unique stuff. I also like the rear storage boxes. I do like the center storage of the Bullet better. Do not like 2 batteries in the middle of the center storage on the ally. Wind protection is nice on the ally but 18" between consoles might be a little tight for some. The seats basically sitting on the floor might help with wind but a negative for some. Bullet still gets the nod in looks its just a sexier boat.
    All and all both boats are outstanding and built to last. Ally has nicer console and buttons ect. and lets not forget the crapper but does it have $20k worth of extras?
    It pretty much boils down to that. The Sterling is in that 90k range like the Allison. Hard to see 20k difference in them.

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Not all XB21's are in that price range....
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Not all XB21's are in that price range....
    I priced out a 2018 last year for order - loaded up like all of my boats have been. That’s what it was, maybe 1-2 k short of that. About 15-20 k above a few other different brands I priced with identical set ups. They are definitely in a separate price bracket.

17. Banned
    Allison by all accounts I have heard makes a GREAT boat. I have not been in the big ones, but have been in a smaller one. It rode great. I could not drive it like I can a Bullet, and it does have the hull slap sound that is mentioned above. NOW, that was a smaller one. Go ride in a bigger one to find out ie XB21. 15-20k more seems steep. I don't even have the big Bullet and I am very comfortable in my 20 in the North Texas lakes. I'd offer you a ride but I only have a 20. Not sure that would help your decision. I do know that every one in the 21 10 Bullets LOVES the ride... and last but not least I agree with all above... for as awesome as I hear Allison is, lord they are ugly... I really try so hard to like them, I change boats like shoes, but I cannot do it... Nothin like the lines on a Bullet. Especially an X boat.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-racer View Post
    Allison by all accounts I have heard makes a GREAT boat. I have not been in the big ones, but have been in a smaller one. It rode great. I could not drive it like I can a Bullet, and it does have the hull slap sound that is mentioned above. NOW, that was a smaller one. Go ride in a bigger one to find out ie XB21. 15-20k more seems steep. I don't even have the big Bullet and I am very comfortable in my 20 in the North Texas lakes. I'd offer you a ride but I only have a 20. Not sure that would help your decision. I do know that every one in the 21 10 Bullets LOVES the ride... and last but not least I agree with all above... for as awesome as I hear Allison is, lord they are ugly... I really try so hard to like them, I change boats like shoes, but I cannot do it... Nothin like the lines on a Bullet. Especially an X boat.
    I completely agree with this - it’s pretty much a piece of fast art :). I’ve had a blue one off their Facebook page as my screensaver for a while. Just gorgeous lines.

19. Member
    Buy a Bullet, then invest the $25,000 difference, problem solved, oh I forgot, you can make much money on an investment, go to Vegas and gamble

Allison fishes better and is more stable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast